The Student Room Group

UCAS reference gap year

Hi I've been out of studies for the last year and a half and I am applying for university this year. I studied HND Photography in college two years ago but I am applying for an English + Journalism based course but I have no idea who to put down as a reference. My previous lecturers I don't have access to any of their emails anymore due to no longer having log in to my college account. I'm currently in a retail job but have been there for just under three months so I don't believe this is my best choice of reference and my previous job I quit due to unfair treatment from staff. No idea what to do here! Any suggestions for what I can do? This is for Scottish university applications.
Original post by pxxchyel
Hi I've been out of studies for the last year and a half and I am applying for university this year. I studied HND Photography in college two years ago but I am applying for an English + Journalism based course but I have no idea who to put down as a reference. My previous lecturers I don't have access to any of their emails anymore due to no longer having log in to my college account. I'm currently in a retail job but have been there for just under three months so I don't believe this is my best choice of reference and my previous job I quit due to unfair treatment from staff. No idea what to do here! Any suggestions for what I can do? This is for Scottish university applications.

Contact your old college (I'm sure you can find an email address or phone number on their web site). Explain that you need a UCAS reference and ask what contact details you should use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending