The Student Room Group

Can I replace UCAS choices

As an early applicant I’m sending my application for my schools internal deadline but I’m aware other courses will have later deadlines. So say I get rejected by an early applicant choice, can I add another course option in its place?
Original post by M_A564
As an early applicant I’m sending my application for my schools internal deadline but I’m aware other courses will have later deadlines. So say I get rejected by an early applicant choice, can I add another course option in its place?

No you can't.
Original post by M_A564

Original post by ageshallnot
No you can't.

You can, but only if one of the original choices send you a decision within 14 days of your welcome email from UCAS.

If they do, you can contact UCAS to swap that choice.
Original post by Admit-One
You can, but only if one of the original choices send you a decision within 14 days of your welcome email from UCAS.

If they do, you can contact UCAS to swap that choice.

Ah, I'd forgotten that!
Original post by ageshallnot
Ah, I'd forgotten that!

It doesn’t come up much tbh, most unis take too long to make decisions for it to come into play.
Original post by M_A564

As above you can’t substitute a choice just because they rejected you.

If you’re applying for the early deadline then it’s a good idea to only use 2 or 3 of your choices for your favourites early. You can then add the remaining 2 or 3 choices after Christmas (but before the January deadline) when you’ve had more time to research and possibly had decisions from your early choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending