The Student Room Group

University 2024 timtable and parenting

Im supposed to be starting my course the end of the month. However, i dont know any times or what placement times will be like. I understand these are done up and handed out during the course at the start but i feel like i need this in advance with having a 10 month old and 2 year old and i don't have many people who can have them. I was told that placement would be like 7-7 for 12 hour shifts. However is there any lee way on this as there isnt any childcare options that offer before 7.30 im worried this will cause me to not be able to do my course because i cant get the childcare i need.
And i dont know anything about what the times are like for uni and how many days i would need to attend. Im panicking alot because i like to have a plan before i start things and the not knowing is stressing me out big time. Is anyone a parent that has done or doing nursing that could just reassure me.
Original post by KirstieC09
Im supposed to be starting my course the end of the month. However, i dont know any times or what placement times will be like. I understand these are done up and handed out during the course at the start but i feel like i need this in advance with having a 10 month old and 2 year old and i don't have many people who can have them. I was told that placement would be like 7-7 for 12 hour shifts. However is there any lee way on this as there isnt any childcare options that offer before 7.30 im worried this will cause me to not be able to do my course because i cant get the childcare i need.
And i dont know anything about what the times are like for uni and how many days i would need to attend. Im panicking alot because i like to have a plan before i start things and the not knowing is stressing me out big time. Is anyone a parent that has done or doing nursing that could just reassure me.

You need to contact your uni department to request this information as every uni will be different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending