The Student Room Group

Bonuses and SFE

Will my mother receiving a bonus at work impact the amount of maintainence loan I am given? She's a single parent so I really need as much maintenance loan as possible as she simply cannot afford to support me in uni.
Original post by zeasea
Will my mother receiving a bonus at work impact the amount of maintainence loan I am given? She's a single parent so I really need as much maintenance loan as possible as she simply cannot afford to support me in uni.

Hi there,

Yes, any income would be declared but if this is for a 23/24 application we use the 21/22 income so she wouldn't need to declare this for your current application if she's just received the bonus. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Yes, any income would be declared but if this is for a 23/24 application we use the 21/22 income so she wouldn't need to declare this for your current application if she's just received the bonus. Thanks, Jason

Hi, this is for an application for 2024 university entry.
Original post by zeasea
Hi, this is for an application for 2024 university entry.

Hi there,

Just to confirm, when does your course begin, is it September 2024 or later?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to confirm, when does your course begin, is it September 2024 or later?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes, the course will begin in September/October 2024.
Original post by zeasea
Yes, the course will begin in September/October 2024.

Hi there, We would therefore require her taxable income from the Tax Year 22/23 to be provided. Would the bonus show for this Tax Year? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We would therefore require her taxable income from the Tax Year 22/23 to be provided. Would the bonus show for this Tax Year? Thanks, Angela

Hi, the bonus would be given in a couple of months and would show up in the 23/24 tax year.
Original post by zeasea
Hi, the bonus would be given in a couple of months and would show up in the 23/24 tax year.

Hi there, For the academic year 24/25 we would require the income details from the tax year 22/23. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending