The Student Room Group

College Access Course

I’m doing level 2 this year I’m think of doing access course like next year is it worth it
Original post by Malzy117
I’m doing level 2 this year I’m think of doing access course like next year is it worth it

I hate it when people ask whether something is "worth it". In what context? What in blazes do you mean exactly? What's worth it for one person is not worth it for another, and unless I know what your specific circumstances are, it's almost impossible to tell. It's so ridiculously cryptic
e.g. Is it worth to do an Access course in humanities to get a degree at say a mid-tier uni? Yeah.
Is it worth it to get into say Imperial for a degree in say physics? You won't be able to.
Is it worth it to say get into Manchester where they have specific links to specific Access courses and pathways for specific degrees there? It depends on the degree that you want there.
Is it worth it when you don't have A Levels and want a quick way to get to uni? Yeah.

Be specific.

I have done an Access course and A Levels. If you need any information, I might be of help. However, I would only really answer your questions if you can be detailed and specific.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000

I hate it when people ask whether something is "worth it". In what context? What in blazes do you mean exactly? What's worth it for one person is not worth it for another, and unless I know what your specific circumstances are, it's almost impossible to tell. It's so ridiculously cryptic
e.g. Is it worth to do an Access course in humanities to get a degree at say a mid-tier uni? Yeah.
Is it worth it to get into say Imperial for a degree in say physics? You won't be able to.
Is it worth it to say get into Manchester where they have specific links to specific Access courses and pathways for specific degrees there? It depends on the degree that you want there.

Be specific.

I have done an Access course and A Levels. If you need any information, I might be of help. However, I would only really answer your questions if you can be detailed and specific.

So I’m doing level 2 sports atm I’m thinking of doing access course what I mean is like is it a bit easier
So I’m doing level 2 sports atm I’m thinking of doing access course what I mean is like is it a bit easier

Easier in what sense?

Access to HE courses are at Level 3. In order to get into uni, you need a suitable level 3 qualification. Anything a level higher is usually a step up from the level before (I would argue this being different for levels 4-8, but that's a side issue).

Again, please be specific. It's difficult to answer questions when they aren't.

Also what do you intend to do at uni (presuming you intend to go to uni)? Which specific Access course do you intend to do?
Reply 4
Original post by MindMax2000

Easier in what sense?

Access to HE courses are at Level 3. In order to get into uni, you need a suitable level 3 qualification. Anything a level higher is usually a step up from the level before (I would argue this being different for levels 4-8, but that's a side issue).

Again, please be specific. It's difficult to answer questions when they aren't.

Also what do you intend to do at uni (presuming you intend to go to uni)? Which specific Access course do you intend to do?

Sports
Sports

This isn't exactly helping. Again, specifics and a lot of detail. One word answers don't mean anything - can we try sentences at least?

I can't add any input or provide any information without further detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending