The Student Room Group

Parents living away from main home

Hi I currently live in my home which I pay mortgage for. I have 2 children under 4 and I have found out I’m pregnant with a third and I am studying adult nursing . I’m in my first year. My home is currently overcrowded and I was wondering what the options were if I was to move into student accommodation that accommodates small single parent families. Would I still be entitled to maintenance loan and would I get extra to help towards to rent for the accommodation? My current eligibility is 13728 which includes a special support element of 4221, I’m not sure what this special support element is for? I also get the parent’s learning allowance of 1915. So what I really wanted some advice on is, am I eligible for the next academic year more maintenance loan if I move into student accommodation tailored for single parent families as my current home is overcrowded and unsuitable for studying or is my current entitlement the maximum I could get?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Studentnurse26
Hi I currently live in my home which I pay mortgage for. I have 2 children under 4 and I have found out I’m pregnant with a third and I am studying adult nursing . I’m in my first year. My home is currently overcrowded and I was wondering what the options were if I was to move into student accommodation that accommodates small single parent families. Would I still be entitled to maintenance loan and would I get extra to help towards to rent for the accommodation? My current eligibility is 13728 which includes a special support element of 4221, I’m not sure what this special support element is for? I also get the parent’s learning allowance of 1915. So what I really wanted some advice on is, am I eligible for the next academic year more maintenance loan if I move into student accommodation tailored for single parent families as my current home is overcrowded and unsuitable for studying or is my current entitlement the maximum I could get?

Hi there,

It does sound like you've been assessed for the maximum amount of funding. However, for us to determine this, if you want to contact us via 0300 100 0607 or the live chat in your account (from 9.am) we can look into this and further assist. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending