The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Can I pass the module if I don't upload 1/2 pieces of work

I have a module that consists of 2 seperate tasks. 1 is worth 60% the other 40%.

The 60% task was an assessment and a group project that has been uploaded, the other is coursework based.

However I forgot to upload the 40% task on time and it is now overdue will this affect my grade if I don't upload anything at all or can I still pass this module with just the group project?
Depends on the module requirements. It might require you to have submitted both assignments to pass at all (regardless of the actual results in those assignments).

I would suggest submitting the one you haven't uploaded yet late, as you will just have a capped grade on it which still contributes to your overall grade and you don't run the risk of being failed in the whole module for non-submission of an assignment.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Depends on the module requirements. It might require you to have submitted both assignments to pass at all (regardless of the actual results in those assignments).

I would suggest submitting the one you haven't uploaded yet late, as you will just have a capped grade on it which still contributes to your overall grade and you don't run the risk of being failed in the whole module for non-submission of an assignment.

So uploading the work even though its late would be better then not uploading at all??

Also thank you for the quick response I appreciate it!
Original post by Adventure_808
So uploading the work even though its late would be better then not uploading at all??

Also thank you for the quick response I appreciate it!


Yes, submitting something is better than nothing.

Usually up to a certain point you will just have marks capped at 40%. After a set point you might just get zero no matter what, but at least by submitting it you can demonstrate you did submit all required assessments even if it was not on time and/or good.

In any event you probably need to also take this opportunity to reflect on the circumstances that gave rise to the situation, and improve your time management skills. Also recognizing that "done" is better than "perfect" when deadlines are in play.
Original post by Adventure_808
I have a module that consists of 2 seperate tasks. 1 is worth 60% the other 40%.

The 60% task was an assessment and a group project that has been uploaded, the other is coursework based.

However I forgot to upload the 40% task on time and it is now overdue will this affect my grade if I don't upload anything at all or can I still pass this module with just the group project?

Hi there! It depends on the course and module requirements as this can vary in my experience. I would recommend uploading it as soon as you can and immediately notifying your course/module leads so they can advise you on the best way of dealing with this :smile:

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Rep

Quick Reply