The Student Room Group

don't know what to do

hi
im 14yrs of age and the oldest of my siblings
i have a problem see its not easy to say anything to my parent as they are always looking after my siblings. As my sister has exzema/allergies, so no one really cares bout me, my brother is the only boy and my mom loves him and my 2 other sisters more than me, but we dont get on together. im more of a daddys girl and i admit a tomboy.
howver i dont know how to tell her and my dad of currnet health probelm after what happened last time.
i told her that i started to tremble and she took me to the gp the guy just went u got anxiety after i told him i have chest pain this is a thong i have always had since the age of 9 and insomina at the same age till now. the doctor told me to do some blood test i wasnt suprsed as he didnt care in the first place and acted like he didnt like his job. But recently, my chest is still hurting at the left side i get the fealing of pins and needles affecgt on my heart this is a thing ive alway felt and doctor did nothing. ive had insomina as long as i remeber it used to be cool when i was young, like yay i did an all nighter but now im going to do gsce this year and mocks and being tired isnt helping even if im one of the top student in my class but still. ive been trembling a lot especially when im doing work at school or homework or my own notes even when im sitting watchin tv. and havin sudden attacks of chest pain and heart pain (is a panick attack?) i have to stop and just wait for it to stop then carry on.

i dont know how to tell my parent what im suffering and dont trust the doctors after last time so what should i do?
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi
im 14yrs of age and the oldest of my siblings
i have a problem see its not easy to say anything to my parent as they are always looking after my siblings. As my sister has exzema/allergies, so no one really cares bout me, my brother is the only boy and my mom loves him and my 2 other sisters more than me, but we dont get on together. im more of a daddys girl and i admit a tomboy.
howver i dont know how to tell her and my dad of currnet health probelm after what happened last time.
i told her that i started to tremble and she took me to the gp the guy just went u got anxiety after i told him i have chest pain this is a thong i have always had since the age of 9 and insomina at the same age till now. the doctor told me to do some blood test i wasnt suprsed as he didnt care in the first place and acted like he didnt like his job. But recently, my chest is still hurting at the left side i get the fealing of pins and needles affecgt on my heart this is a thing ive alway felt and doctor did nothing. ive had insomina as long as i remeber it used to be cool when i was young, like yay i did an all nighter but now im going to do gsce this year and mocks and being tired isnt helping even if im one of the top student in my class but still. ive been trembling a lot especially when im doing work at school or homework or my own notes even when im sitting watchin tv. and havin sudden attacks of chest pain and heart pain (is a panick attack?) i have to stop and just wait for it to stop then carry on.

i dont know how to tell my parent what im suffering and dont trust the doctors after last time so what should i do?

There are people online that you can call if u cant go to the doctors. Theres an app called babylon that i used to get acne treatment and it can be used for all sort of problems. You can set the time and day you want to call them and even pick the gender of the speclist. Theres also of registering involved but it is a useful thing to have in ur back pocket.
If you haven't, establish a sleep routine - while you may not be able to go to sleep, its important that your body gets rest and gets time to rewind.
Reduce or eliminate caffeine and electronic device use as it can interfere with sleep.
It sounds like you should try to switch doctors. Tell ur parents and sit them down, if they don't care then tell a trusted teacher at school or maybe the parents of ur friend if you can't find anyone else.
Its better to tell ur parents, especially ur dad if you like him more - if it turns into a bigger thing and you didnt tell him, it would just create more stress for the both of you
Reply 2
Didn't you get the blood tests done?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Didn't you get the blood tests done?

yeah but he put them for anxiety
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
There are people online that you can call if u cant go to the doctors. Theres an app called babylon that i used to get acne treatment and it can be used for all sort of problems. You can set the time and day you want to call them and even pick the gender of the speclist. Theres also of registering involved but it is a useful thing to have in ur back pocket.
If you haven't, establish a sleep routine - while you may not be able to go to sleep, its important that your body gets rest and gets time to rewind.
Reduce or eliminate caffeine and electronic device use as it can interfere with sleep.
It sounds like you should try to switch doctors. Tell ur parents and sit them down, if they don't care then tell a trusted teacher at school or maybe the parents of ur friend if you can't find anyone else.
Its better to tell ur parents, especially ur dad if you like him more - if it turns into a bigger thing and you didnt tell him, it would just create more stress for the both of you

thank you this is very helpful
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
yeah but he put them for anxiety

Why do you think that was wrong? You said yourself you think you're having panic attacks. And what did the results show?

Go and see the doctor.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Why do you think that was wrong? You said yourself you think you're having panic attacks. And what did the results show?

Go and see the doctor.

i still havent recieved the resuls yet even when u did it at 22nd december

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending