The Student Room Group

How can I recover my microsoft account email?

Can anyone please help me to recover my outlook email?
It got locked for some odd reason. It now says I need to verify my account. But I cant because I dont have access to the phone number i made the account with nor the email that I used as a backup. Now it's asking me to fill out a form where I am being asked to list 'recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails' which I don't understand how I'm supposed to remember full emails and their subject lines ??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Just general advice not to use any 'account recovery' services. If you see any posting or receive any DM's about them, report them.

Going back to the original point, can you remember any recent emails that you sent? If so, ask the person you sent it to to tell you the subject line and date+time sent.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Just general advice not to use any 'account recovery' services. If you see any posting or receive any DM's about them, report them.

Going back to the original point, can you remember any recent emails that you sent? If so, ask the person you sent it to to tell you the subject line and date+time sent.

Hi, thank you for replying.

I submitted the details to the best of my memory as the email Microsoft sent me about what steps I can take said this: You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you.

So I did that, providing emails and subject lines that I've received

But then on the form itself it's requesting: Email addresses of contacts you've recently sent emails to (one per text box)

But I can't remember emails that I've sent rather than received, do you have any further suggestions please?
Original post by pearl_rose
Hi, thank you for replying.

I submitted the details to the best of my memory as the email Microsoft sent me about what steps I can take said this: You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you.

So I did that, providing emails and subject lines that I've received

But then on the form itself it's requesting: Email addresses of contacts you've recently sent emails to (one per text box)

But I can't remember emails that I've sent rather than received, do you have any further suggestions please?

You’d need to wait and see what MS respond with, they may accept it or have another level of verification to fall back on.

Maybe also worth texting friends family and asking whether you’ve emailed them recently.
Hi, I've moved your thread to the advice on every day issues forum - somehow it ended up in the medical schools forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending