The Student Room Group

is this enough to apply for dentistry ?

I am applying for dentistry for 2025 and was wondering if these are enough.
- volunteering at this charity where I call 4 people every week to keep them company I have been doing this for 4 months and planning to do this for another 6 months
- an online dental work experience
- online surgical work experience
- worked in a children's daycare for around 1 - 2 months
- I don't do sports so for hobbies I do henna and made a portfolio for this recently (does this count as extracurricular also is this enough?)
Do you also have to provide proof for every single thing that I have listed here? Because I have also done competitions but never received a certificate for it so was wondering if I should write this in or not.
(edited 3 months ago)
Certificates don't matter, it's more about the experiences and lessons you've learnt. Henna counts as an extracurricular and it's a great way to show creativity and manual dexterity. I don't think you need proof. You have a wide range of experiences. Try finding some face-to-face dentistry work experience as that can be a good way to show you've seen the day-to-day life yourself, preferably NHS
Reply 2
Original post by EquivocateU2
Certificates don't matter, it's more about the experiences and lessons you've learnt. Henna counts as an extracurricular and it's a great way to show creativity and manual dexterity. I don't think you need proof. You have a wide range of experiences. Try finding some face-to-face dentistry work experience as that can be a good way to show you've seen the day-to-day life yourself, preferably NHS
Hi there,
Thank you so much for the clarification. I tried getting face to face wxp but its really difficult... I'll try again and see what they say. Is it a must have to get an offer at a dental university though?

Quick Reply

Latest