The Student Room Group

Leaving highschool in s4

I'm interested in leaving highschool at the end of 4th year and to try to get all A's in my nat 5's. Im doing math english physics comp science business and more. However I just wanna leave highschool at 4th year due to personal reasons. Is it possible to go to Uni like a decent one without doing my Scottish Highers? Can you go to college for like a year and then apply for uni right after 4th year? Or do you need to do highers? Thanks.
Reply 1
It would be way more efficient to just do your higher but you can go to college instead then apply to uni after your course
Original post by randInt47
I'm interested in leaving highschool at the end of 4th year and to try to get all A's in my nat 5's. Im doing math english physics comp science business and more. However I just wanna leave highschool at 4th year due to personal reasons. Is it possible to go to Uni like a decent one without doing my Scottish Highers? Can you go to college for like a year and then apply for uni right after 4th year? Or do you need to do highers? Thanks.

Hi @randInt47 ,
Highers are required for most if not all university courses. As it has been mentioned many colleges offer Highers which you could study but one thing to consider is that there could be financial considerations that there wouldn't be if you stayed on and did them in S5.
There may be many reasons why you may want to leave at the end of S4 and I would definitely encourage you to speak with your school as they will be able to advise. Another part of the application process for uni / further education / jobs is references and this may be harder if you leave which is why it is really important to have some discussion and open dialogue with your school.
Hope that gives some help and things to consider - Catherine (University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending