The Student Room Group

Is he trying to trick me and get his stuff?

Hi, so me and my boyfriend broke up. He randomly booked his train ticket to come to see me, and I told him to cancel it as I feel as though he’s trying to find a way to come down get his stuff and disappear. As I’m still blocked on social media, he hasn’t said he wants to get back with me, or even saying he’s going to change his bad lifestyle (which is why we broke up). He has just booked his ticket. I’ve told him before that I would keep all his stuff as he owes me money, and other reasons why I should keep them. I have a feeling he’s trying to use me still loving him against me. Also I asked him if he was to come down would it change anything with us and his response was “no” .
Well, he has a right to his stuff, you can't just keep it... if he owes you money, make that clear and make him pay it to you...

He's not trying to use your "love" against yourself either. In fact he has already set up your expectations that nothing will change. That's not using you at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Well, he has a right to his stuff, you can't just keep it... if he owes you money, make that clear and make him pay it to you...

He's not trying to use your "love" against yourself either. In fact he has already set up your expectations that nothing will change. That's not using you at all.

He won’t pay me back my money he has never paid me back money. I’ve always let it slide, and he’ll always say don’t worry I’ll pay u back for the past year . So I know for a fact, he won’t pay me back. The money he owes me is worth his stuff and I told him previously if he gives me my money I’ll give him his stuff in exchange but he got angry and said no he wants his stuff so I know he has no intention to pay me back. Also he cheated on me it hasn’t just been a good relationship where we just fell out of love, he’s done things to me.
At the end of day it's often better just to cut your losses. It was a relationship, not a financial contract.

Unless it was ££££'s and you could get a similar amount for his stuff I would give it back and draw a line under it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending