The Student Room Group

I hate everything

I hate all my alevel choices, I hate what I took for uni. I hate everything about school. I used to love my choices but with all the failures i've had and i'm pretty sure i've failed my mocks, i'm hanging on by the thread. I ended up choosing my degree based on career prospects.
I always end up liking something, finding it interesting but the more i know about it - the more i find it boring. how di i fix this
Reply 1
Isn't that what most people do, pick a degree course to get a qualification for their career? You have to be very comfortable to take and fund a course for 3/4 years, then think about an unrelated job. Wait and see how your exams go.

Anyway, there are options other than uni, but remember, being in education is very different to being in the real world of work. What are you wanting to do?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Isn't that what most people do, pick a degree course to get a qualification for their career? You have to be very comfortable to take and fund a course for 3/4 years, then think about an unrelated job. Wait and see how your exams go.

Anyway, there are options other than uni, but remember, being in education is very different to being in the real world of work. What are you wanting to do?

yeah but i mean it in a way how lots of people pick a degree as they do quite well in it, find it interesting or they are passionate about it. I'm not any of that. Just picking it in hopes of a career but i hate it. Gonna do comp sci and business in uni but idk what career i actaully want, i basically only care about the money and how i get treated in the work environment. ik thats the mindset for lots of people, its just to hard to get motivation when you're not passionate abt anything. I just like bits of everything at the same level
the degree lasts a few years, then you would do a career that pays you well and you'd be surrounded by people you like
Reply 4
That is exactly how i feel right now. Just hate everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending