The Student Room Group

Ryanair travel - liquids

Hello,
Just wanted to ask where you need to place the clear bag containing liquids when travelling on Ryan air? Is it in the hand luggage or the suitcase?
Thanks.
Original post by Alevelchemistry1
Hello,
Just wanted to ask where you need to place the clear bag containing liquids when travelling on Ryan air? Is it in the hand luggage or the suitcase?
Thanks.

There are no limits to liquids you pack in any baggage which is going into the hold (i.e. your suitcase). You are therefore encouraged to place any liquids in your suitcase / luggage going into the hold.

Any liquids you take into the cabin (in hand luggage) must be in a container which can hold no more than 100ml and those containers must all fit into a single see-through plastic bag. That bag must be no larger than about 20cm x 20cm.
Original post by DataVenia
There are no limits to liquids you pack in any baggage which is going into the hold (i.e. your suitcase). You are therefore encouraged to place any liquids in your suitcase / luggage going into the hold.

Any liquids you take into the cabin (in hand luggage) must be in a container which can hold no more than 100ml and those containers must all fit into a single see-through plastic bag. That bag must be no larger than about 20cm x 20cm.

Thanks - is this deffo Ryan air requirements?

Yes. See their web site here.
Original post by DataVenia
Yes. See their web site here.

Thanks so much
Reply 5

It's a requirement imposed by the government on airports -- it's the airport security staff that are responsible for the security screening, not the airlines.

See https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions
Hello,
Thanks.

Depends on the liquids. The staff did not accept my orange drink packs I have carried in my bag. The airport I visited was pretty strict, don't know how the other ones deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest