The Student Room Group

Control

How do I teach my boyfriend to trust and not be so angry controlling and destructive, to not jump to conclusions and accuse without knowing. How to have patience
Reply 1
Ditch him. That will teach him a lesson!
Reply 2
Seriously, why are with someone like that?
Original post by Surnia
Seriously, why are with someone like that?

Not sure thats the best advice, I guess try comunicating to him honestly that its making things difficult for you and will result in you being pushed away from him
Original post by Kristiwhite27
How do I teach my boyfriend to trust and not be so angry controlling and destructive, to not jump to conclusions and accuse without knowing. How to have patience

Boys don't change. Coming from one.
Original post by bld3
Boys don't change. Coming from one.

They definitely do and there's a chance for him to change
Reply 6
Original post by Kristiwhite27

You shouldn’t have to baby a man or teach a man how to have control over their emotions, that’s their mother’s job. If you see early signs of aggression or petty conflict, please leave before it messes with your mind. You shouldn’t be one the stressed over this or trying to get solutions for something that isn’t your fault. Avoid confrontation and leave, good luck ☺️
Original post by derin005
You shouldn’t have to baby a man or teach a man how to have control over their emotions, that’s their mother’s job. If you see early signs of aggression or petty conflict, please leave before it messes with your mind. You shouldn’t be one the stressed over this or trying to get solutions for something that isn’t your fault. Avoid confrontation and leave, good luck ☺️

Man why is all this advice so baaaadd. So many mothers don't even know how to teach themselves to control their emotions, let alone their kids. Relationships can run into conflicts. It doesn't mean it's completely over. Maybe he's scared or just doesn't know how to handle himself, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way, he can learn a better way how. It doesn't mean your relationship is doomed, you must have liked him for a reason.
Again, not her problem. Your making excuses for someone who could potentially be bad for her. Yes, relationships can run into conflict but it shouldn’t have to be the type where one is controlling the other or getting angry at little things, for all we know, it could be a grown man acting like a child. The comment never mentioned her relationship being doomed Lol, only that she remove herself from a situation that could supposedly get aggressive. You can like someone but that doesn’t mean they’ll be the right fit in the long run.
Reply 9
Original post by CuteHarpSeal527
Not sure thats the best advice, I guess try comunicating to him honestly that its making things difficult for you and will result in you being pushed away from him

Why is it bad advice? Would you be in a relationship with someone who is 'angry controlling and destructive'? Why should he need to be told to behave decently to his girlfriend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending