The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene reading list?

I got into Teesside university and was wondering if there’s a reading list?
The only university I know for sure that has a reading list is Essex.
I’ve not heard anything from Teesside and would just like to be prepared.
Also does anyone know when we receive our timetables?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi I’m at Teesside and as far as I remember there wasn’t any compulsory reading, but they did give a list of recommended literature on our induction week :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi I’m at Teesside and as far as I remember there wasn’t any compulsory reading, but they did give a list of recommended literature on our induction week :smile:

Thanks, I’m at Teesside as well now. If you’re a first year then chances are we were in the same induction lol
Thanks, I’m at Teesside as well now. If you’re a first year then chances are we were in the same induction lol

Hi, I'm an applicant at the moment. I'm very curious about the dental hygiene program in teesside, how do you find the teaching, the facilities and the life in tees so far?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, I'm an applicant at the moment. I'm very curious about the dental hygiene program in teesside, how do you find the teaching, the facilities and the life in tees so far?

Hey, it’s quite good, the staff are lovely and Teesside itself is pretty decent, I enjoy being at uni, Middlesbrough is known to be a little ‘rough’ but my experience so far has been good.
The facilities here are good like I said but the one thing I wish I knew before moving my entire life to Middlesbrough would be that first year isn’t very busy (obviously there are exams and modules to be completed but very little time in the actual uni) and I probably wouldn’t have needed to leave home, that being said it’s easier to live here than to commute, and I guess it’s nice to experience and enjoy the other aspects of uni, during my spare time.

Hope that helps.

All the best with your application!!
Hey, it’s quite good, the staff are lovely and Teesside itself is pretty decent, I enjoy being at uni, Middlesbrough is known to be a little ‘rough’ but my experience so far has been good.
The facilities here are good like I said but the one thing I wish I knew before moving my entire life to Middlesbrough would be that first year isn’t very busy (obviously there are exams and modules to be completed but very little time in the actual uni) and I probably wouldn’t have needed to leave home, that being said it’s easier to live here than to commute, and I guess it’s nice to experience and enjoy the other aspects of uni, during my spare time.

Hope that helps.

All the best with your application!!

I did hear some not so pleasant things about Middlesbrough but I’m so pleased to know that your experience has been good. Hope it’ll be like that for the rest of your studies. Thank you! I’ve got an interview this Friday. So nervous but excited at the same time
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #3
I did hear some not so pleasant things about Middlesbrough but I’m so pleased to know that your experience has been good. Hope it’ll be like that for the rest of your studies. Thank you! I’ve got an interview this Friday. So nervous but excited at the same time

Yes I have too unfortunately, but so long as you remain vigilant you should be fine.
Thank you so much ☺️
Aww best of luck!! Just be yourself and you’ll do great!
Hopefully you can join us in September😊
Hi, could I ask what type of interview is at Teeside and what would you recommend to prepare myself on the most? Thank you x
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, I’ve also had an offer for Teesside and will be accepting! Do you know if there is a groupchat for 2024 students?? ☺️ x
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I’ve also had an offer for Teesside and will be accepting! Do you know if there is a groupchat for 2024 students?? ☺️ x

If you go on Teesside undergraduate applicants group on Facebook, and look up dental hygiene! There's a few girls in a chat - I am not in it yet as waiting for all of my offers or rejections to come through first😂xx
Original post by Naoisemccabe
If you go on Teesside undergraduate applicants group on Facebook, and look up dental hygiene! There's a few girls in a chat - I am not in it yet as waiting for all of my offers or rejections to come through first😂xx

Oh amazing, thank you so much!! Aww hahah I don’t blame you 😂 Best of luck with hearing back and fingers crossed for you!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending