The Student Room Group

Could I call up universities on results day in order to change my degree?

I've applied to do mechanical engineering at university and already got 3 offers. However, I would say I did that without knowing or caring what I would do in the future but now I'm interested in doing data science at university. So I wanted to know if on results day, could I phone up the universities and ask them 'Hey I was wondering if I could change degrees cause I've changed my mind if you guys have more spaces left?' given that's something I've heard people do. I've also heard that I could call the university that I'm studying at where I have enrolled and wait 3 months for any people to drop out. I just want to know how smoothly could this process go and if could I do this before accepting my first and insurance choices in order to have them as backup and not potentially reject the offers only to find out that there are no spaces to do data science at uni.
Only if they have spaces and you meet the grade requirement. It would be entirely up to the University and course.
Have you thought of ringing them now?
Just ask them now if you are certain that you want to swap.

They will be extraordinarily busy on results day and the longer you leave it, the less likely they'll be able to accomodate a change.

But be certain before you ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending