The Student Room Group

Glasgow Clyde application process

In a bit of a pickle right now, I sent off an application to Glasgow Clyde college for their HND social science course a month ago but have yet to hear anything back, however a week ago I was offered a place in south Lanarkshire college, but I now have less than a week to accept their offer with still nothing from Glasgow Clyde. How long does it usually take to hear back from them?
Original post by Jxdequxrtz
In a bit of a pickle right now, I sent off an application to Glasgow Clyde college for their HND social science course a month ago but have yet to hear anything back, however a week ago I was offered a place in south Lanarkshire college, but I now have less than a week to accept their offer with still nothing from Glasgow Clyde. How long does it usually take to hear back from them?

Hey @Jxdequxrtz 😀 Congrats on your offer at South Lanarkshire! I can't say how quickly Glasgow Clyde tend to make offers, but I'd say if you have a bit of time pressure then you could get in touch with Glasgow Clyde to let them know the position you're in. Especially if Glasgow Clyde are your top choice - there's no harm in asking.

From my understanding colleage admissions can be a bit different from universities, however you should still have suitable time to weigh up all of your options. While you wait to hear back from Glasgow Clyde - get in touch with South Lanarkshire college to thank them for the offer but request a bit of additional time to make the best decision for you. They might not be able to extend the times but at least if you ask you'll know you tried.

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending