The Student Room Group

Clinical psychologist vs nursing

I am currently a placement student working in CAHMs & I study BSC psychology. I work as an AP and am not enjoying it as all I do is admin work, as much as I am being told that the job isn't like this in the future, I do feel myself not enjoying pursuing Psychology. I am now considering doing nursing, but I'm not sure how I'd be able to do with my BSC in Psych.

I’m not 100% sure this even is the right route for me.
Original post by j.bulan
I am currently a placement student working in CAHMs & I study BSC psychology. I work as an AP and am not enjoying it as all I do is admin work, as much as I am being told that the job isn't like this in the future, I do feel myself not enjoying pursuing Psychology. I am now considering doing nursing, but I'm not sure how I'd be able to do with my BSC in Psych.

I’m not 100% sure this even is the right route for me.

Nursing, midwifery and the Allied Health Professions are all options for you as they are exception courses for student finance. So you would be eligible to apply for undergraduate funding (tuition fee and maintenance loans) if you took another undergraduate course or a pre-registration masters. If you're not sure about nursing, condsider speech and language therapy, radiotherapy, diagnostic radiography, etc.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/

Quick Reply

Latest