The Student Room Group

KCL Law and Professional Practice

Hi! Anyone else has an interview this week for “Law and Professional Practice” MSc? How did you do on the LNAT? What are the thoughts on the program.
Reply 1
If you love yourself don’t do this course I beg you. We all hated it and regretted ever enrolling in it. The day I accepted the offer was a cursed day
Reply 2
Original post by jwiiuee
If you love yourself don’t do this course I beg you. We all hated it and regretted ever enrolling in it. The day I accepted the offer was a cursed day
haha wha happened. undergrad has been great
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jwiiuee
hii, do you mind elaborating? just curious as i just got my offer x
Original post by jwiiuee
This is one of the more amusing posts I've read on this forum.
Original post by jesskws

Hey! I got an offer too! Did u get any more emails or just the offer for now? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jesskws
I have a post about this on my account. Long story short is that it’s an incredibly difficult programme and no one got a distinction or anything close to it. The average grade was a pass, and all the exams were closed book, it costs more than a PGDL at ULaw or BPP does just for the KCL name despite it being the exact same course (apart from EU law being studied), the grades were very very poor through no fault of the students, the department just hates you. It’s very very business centric, it’s really designed with the assumption that you will become a corporate lawyer - I want to go into family practice so this was just hellish. A lot of students did not continue to the MSc year, I dropped out of it because it would’ve been a further waste of my time. Do your law conversion course at ULaw or BPP or city
Original post by jesskws
If you don't mind me asking did you have any legal work experience before applying, and what did you study before?
Original post by Karol-origin
Hey! I got an offer too! Did u get any more emails or just the offer for now? :smile:
If you don't mind me asking did you have any legal work experience before applying, and what did you study before?
Reply 9
Original post by Frankie-:)
hey! i'm in my final year of an international relations degree right now. I don't have much legal work experience tbh haha, i volunteered for a legal clinic for a few months and did virtual vacation schemes but yeah that's about it
Original post by jesskws
hey! i'm in my final year of an international relations degree right now. I don't have much legal work experience tbh haha, i volunteered for a legal clinic for a few months and did virtual vacation schemes but yeah that's about it
Thanks :smile: I'm worried because I've been working full time for a couple of years and looking for work experience for 6 months. I'm really struggling to find any that I can do with a full time job. The virtual vaccination schemes look really good!
Original post by jwiiuee
I have a post about this on my account. Long story short is that it’s an incredibly difficult programme and no one got a distinction or anything close to it. The average grade was a pass, and all the exams were closed book, it costs more than a PGDL at ULaw or BPP does just for the KCL name despite it being the exact same course (apart from EU law being studied), the grades were very very poor through no fault of the students, the department just hates you. It’s very very business centric, it’s really designed with the assumption that you will become a corporate lawyer - I want to go into family practice so this was just hellish. A lot of students did not continue to the MSc year, I dropped out of it because it would’ve been a further waste of my time. Do your law conversion course at ULaw or BPP or city

Do you reckon in a few years, this might see some improvements?
Original post by jwiiuee

Hi!!! Really hoping you would reply to this!!!Did you do an interview and if so what are the questions like? Also why do you hate it so much? how bad is it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending