The Student Room Group

Best unis for physics and natural sciences degrees

hey what are considered the best unis for physics and natsci degrees? And not ONLY in terms of leagues and rankings but general reputation and prestige even ( not including the obvious Oxbridge)
Original post by Nat4695
hey what are considered the best unis for physics and natsci degrees? And not ONLY in terms of leagues and rankings but general reputation and prestige even ( not including the obvious Oxbridge)
Hi

I'm Oliver and currently a final year natural sciences student at Lancaster so thought I'd share a bit about the degree here.

Natural sciences is definitely one of the most flexible degrees out there allowing you to study across two or three different departments. At Lancaster there are so many different pathways to choose from across all branches of chemistry, physics, maths, biology, geography and psychology, just to name a few. Each university will do pathways slightly differently and a have a varied range of possible combinations so definitely check that out on the relevant websites. The full list of pathways and entry requirements for Lancaster can be found here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/natural-sciences/

I know there is also there is also the option to take a non science subject as your third pathway and throughout your degree 25% of your credits can be in a non science subject.

There is also the option to alter you pathway choices as you progress through your degree. For me this was extremely valuable as I was able to drop my physical chemistry pathway after first year to allow for a greater focus on biochemistry.

One of the best things about natural sciences is the vast range of experiences you get and people you meet. Since you study alongside the single honours students across multiple departments, you get to see so many more faces and there is never a lonely lecture. It’s also great to see how all the different sciences interlink and you can often apply something you learnt in one subject to one of your other pathways which is fascinating!

Hope that is helpful and best of luck with your decision 😊Feel free to ask me any other questions if you have any

Oliver (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending