The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield pastoral side

From the information given and chatting to staff at the open and offer days i really like the sound of the support available and general pastoral side at Sheffield. However, i only talked to staff about it and yk theyre obviously going to big themselves up and talk positively. So i was wondering if any current or past students could give me a real, maybe unbiased opinion of what it is really like support and pastoral wise?
Original post by someonedontask
From the information given and chatting to staff at the open and offer days i really like the sound of the support available and general pastoral side at Sheffield. However, i only talked to staff about it and yk theyre obviously going to big themselves up and talk positively. So i was wondering if any current or past students could give me a real, maybe unbiased opinion of what it is really like support and pastoral wise?
@University of Sheffield Students
(edited 1 month ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by someonedontask
Hi,

I am currently in my third year of a degree at the University of Sheffield. I have really enjoyed studying here and am very glad I made this decision.

During my degree, I have had regular meetings with my personal tutor, where I can talk about anything that is happening at the time. If I want, I can contact him between meetings to arrange an extra one, if I'm struggling with something, for example. Recently, he has put me in touch with another lecturer who teaches in the topic I am considering doing a masters in.

The University has a wellbeing service that you can book an appointment with at any time and discuss anything that is impacting you.

The university has also been really good at supporting some of friends when they have been struggling, such as allowing extensions to deadlines and resits for exams.

During my first year, my department gave us lots of opportunities to meet other people in our course and encouraged group revision and helping each other with the content. My lecturers were also very understanding of the transition to uni that we were going through and made sure to let us know we could contact them if we needed help, even if they couldn't help, they could still signpost you to where would help.

There are also services that can provide support with accommodation, and finding somewhere to live, academic support and careers support.

I have found the University of Sheffield to be a very good place to study and hope you will to.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending