The Student Room Group

About job salaries

Do you know for example on LinkedIn or indeed you find jobs yeah and there salary for example 70k does that mean full money goes to you in uk or it has to include tax anyone?
Original post by Brianstudy01
Do you know for example on LinkedIn or indeed you find jobs yeah and there salary for example 70k does that mean full money goes to you in uk or it has to include tax anyone?

UK salaries are virtually always quoted as gross salary, i.e. the amount you receive before tax and any other mandatory deductions.
Original post by Smack
UK salaries are virtually always quoted as gross salary, i.e. the amount you receive before tax and any other mandatory deductions.
So what does this mean for example when I have an example of 70k job would I get full 70k per year or do I have to pay tax
You pay tax, national insurance and in most cases, will be automatically enrolled in a pension scheme.
Reply 4
Original post by Brianstudy01
So what does this mean for example when I have an example of 70k job would I get full 70k per year or do I have to pay tax
70k salary = roughly 45k take home (after income tax, National Insurance, student loan repayment, 7% pension)
Yeah as above, listed salaries do not include deductions for tax etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending