The Student Room Group

Should I take the max amount for student loan?

I qualify for the maximum amount of student loan however I will be commuting to university (transport will cost 3k) a year.

I don't know whether it is worth taking out the full amount, as I guess it can come useful in some aspects and could even mean that I could quit my part time job and focus on university full time too. What are your thoughts on this?
Original post by bxa_842
I qualify for the maximum amount of student loan however I will be commuting to university (transport will cost 3k) a year.

I don't know whether it is worth taking out the full amount, as I guess it can come useful in some aspects and could even mean that I could quit my part time job and focus on university full time too. What are your thoughts on this?

I think it's best to take it all. Yes, you'll owe that money in the future, but it's always nice to have a little bit of extra money in case you want to do something nice with your friends, and even more so if it allows you to not work and focus more on uni. Plus, like many university students, you'll probably find you might be spending more money than you anticipated. And, in the meantime, if you won't be using all the money, you can also put some of it in a savings account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending