The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham Offer holder day

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is going to the offer holder day. I am not sure if it worth going because it is far from me and I have exams the week after. I also want to meet people who are going to be doing the course with me and have done the course. Are there any groups I can join or any where to look?
Hi @student104122

I personally think offer holder days are absolutely worth it, even more so if you're 100% set on going to UoN. I met my friends during an offer holder day. So if you're keen to meet people then it would be a good opportunity to do so; it is always easier to form friendships in person I think. It also depends on whether or not you have visited the campus before and have had a tour of the facilities, specifically to School of Medicine.

I completely understand the stress of exams! Only you know whether you could afford to carve out a whole day to go to Nottingham over revision.

As for online groups, I would definitely look on Facebook first. Once you have joined some FB groups you often find links to Snapchat or Whatsapp chats etc.

Good luck with your exams!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @student104122
I personally think offer holder days are absolutely worth it, even more so if you're 100% set on going to UoN. I met my friends during an offer holder day. So if you're keen to meet people then it would be a good opportunity to do so; it is always easier to form friendships in person I think. It also depends on whether or not you have visited the campus before and have had a tour of the facilities, specifically to School of Medicine.
I completely understand the stress of exams! Only you know whether you could afford to carve out a whole day to go to Nottingham over revision.
As for online groups, I would definitely look on Facebook first. Once you have joined some FB groups you often find links to Snapchat or Whatsapp chats etc.
Good luck with your exams!
Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Thank you this is so helpful. When you went did you go alone, with a friend or with a parent?
Hi @student104122

Emily here - when I attended an offer holder day I went with my mum. But since helping out on some of the days myself, I've noticed a complete mixture of students and their guests. Parents and friends are always welcome to come along for support, but coming along isn't as intimidating as it may sound, as you'll get the chance to meet and chat to other prospective students too.

Good luck!
Emily :smile:
Student Rep at BCU
Original post by student104122
Thank you this is so helpful. When you went did you go alone, with a friend or with a parent?

Hi @student104122

I actually went alone so that it would force me to talk to others. I think if I went with a friend it would have made it harder for me to mix with others because I would have happily just stuck to my friend, but my aim was to get involved with other students.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending