The Student Room Group

Can I transfer my credits this academic year or is too late?

Hey there,

Im wanting to change my course but moving within the same department, I have already completed 60 credits of geography modules (which is the course I want to do) and i think I need to complete 60 credits more. At this stage, will I be allowed? My funding is dependant on this and I have SO many reasons why I can't repeat another year. I have a meeting with my department at 2pm, I don't know what to say exactly so they'll let me.

Thank you for reading
Original post by tvdfan
Hey there,

Im wanting to change my course but moving within the same department, I have already completed 60 credits of geography modules (which is the course I want to do) and i think I need to complete 60 credits more. At this stage, will I be allowed? My funding is dependant on this and I have SO many reasons why I can't repeat another year. I have a meeting with my department at 2pm, I don't know what to say exactly so they'll let me.

Thank you for reading

Presumably you're doing a "Geography and SomethingElse" course right now (hence the "60 credits of geography modules") and you want to transfer to pure Geography. Is that right?

There doesn't really seem enough time to allow you to complete a further 60 credits this academic year - although that's a question you should ask in your 2 o'clock meeting . Another question worth asking them is whether they would allow you to progress to the next year (on the pure Geography course) having only completed 90 credits this year (or some other number less than 120), carrying forward the "missed" credits into next year. Some universities allow this type of arrangement, where it's often called "trailing credits".

Which uni are you at ? (I can try to quickly check whether they typically allow trailing credits.)
Reply 2
Dmed you!

Also whart about if i do assessments in the August resit period?
Original post by tvdfan
Dmed you!

Also whart about if i do assessments in the August resit period?

How'd the 2 o'clock meeting go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending