The Student Room Group

Urgent Financial Crises!!!

I am in a bit of financial crises, which means i have to economise my spending to my interview. I am being told that my TRAIN TICKET is going to cost £27.00 and i am on a budget of £32.00. Does anyone know how much the taxi from cambridge station to churchill college is? Is it more than £5.00:confused: I hope not.......Can anyone help me please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Walk it
Reply 2
Quady
Walk it

I can't because its too far and the train times are messed up. It's either i take the early train and be like 1 hr early for my interview, or be about 30mins early(if i take taxi).
Maybe they'll cover your travel expenses for you?
Reply 4
Niajaboi
I can't because its too far and the train times are messed up. It's either i take the early train and be like 1 hr early for my interview, or be about 30mins early(if i take taxi).

Early train and spend the time in Cambridge?
Reply 5
i think its going to cost you more than 5 quid to get to Churchill. Getting there an hour early isn't such a terrible thing. Take your time getting there, stop for a coffee (less than 5 pounds!) on the way perhaps?
Just get the early train and walk it. Half an hour difference is nothing, it's not like by getting the early train you have eight hours to kill.
Reply 7
Niajaboi
I am in a bit of financial crises, which means i have to economise my spending to my interview. I am being told that my TRAIN TICKET is going to cost £27.00 and i am on a budget of £32.00. Does anyone know how much the taxi from cambridge station to churchill college is? Is it more than £5.00:confused: I hope not.......Can anyone help me please

Get the Madingley Road park and ride bus from by the bus station, or walk. It's not that far.
Reply 8
Try contacting them and asking if they can help you financially. Or try Aim Higher, they reimburse for open days so might for an interview =]
Reply 9
Get the earlier train. Trains are often delayed etc, and you don't want to be panicking timewise, it isn't worth it. There will be somewhere for applicants to wait,normally with tea and biscuits. Seriously, get the earlier train. And a taxi will cost you more than a fiver.
Reply 10
walk there.
Reply 11
What subject are you applying for? I might pay the difference.
Walk, or there's a bus that's only a couple of quid for all day.
But walking's good for you, get the early ride, relax on the train, calm down on the walk, and enjoy being in Cambridge.
Srsly, I wouldn't even consider getting a taxi anywhere, that's crazy money to pay for a lift!
Jess
PS, good luck :smile:
Reply 13
samba
What subject are you applying for? I might pay the difference.

Can I have some mula too? Only I'm meant to be meeting this girl in Leicester Sq. right now but can't afford to go.
Reply 14
Ascient
Can I have some mula too? Only I'm meant to be meeting this girl in Leicester Sq. right now but can't afford to go.

I've not put any jewgold aside for the 'get ascient sex at last' fund this year :biggrin: Maybe next year my philanthropy will extend that far eh!
You say you're "being told" that your train ticket is going to cost that much, I might be inferring too much from this wording but have you searched around for the best ticket price? Even at this stage you might be able to get a discount of some sort online. If not just get the earlier train and relax (i've done this when travelling to several interviews) or ask your school. They often have funds for this sort of thing given to them by the local council.
You're location says London OP? If that's true then it won't cost you anywhere near £27 for a train ticket. With a railcard its about £15.
Reply 17
samba
I've not put any jewgold aside for the 'get ascient sex at last' fund this year :biggrin: Maybe next year my philanthropy will extend that far eh!

Not happy about the 'at last' bit :dry: 126227808 seconds really isn't that long :colondollar:

Will be back in 12 months. Bi4now :colonhash:

---

OP, get the earlier train, walk and get there early. You'll have time to relax and calm yourself down rather than arrive in the nick of time and have a backup plan in case the train is delayed.
Reply 18
Nina
You're location says London OP? If that's true then it won't cost you anywhere near £27 for a train ticket. With a railcard its about £15.

£17.80 if you buy it on the day.

EDIT: OP, my bf got a national express bus from Cambridge to come and see me the other weekend, cost him £8 return.
Reply 19
Nina

i don't have a rail card:mad: I wish i got one.....i didn't thinkmit would be useful, but hey look at me now:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending