The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Charlski
£17.80 if you buy it on the day.

EDIT: OP, my bf got a national express bus from Cambridge to come and see me the other weekend, cost him £8 return.

£17.80.......was that return ticket. Or do you mean that he took a national express bus from cambridge to london for only 8quid?:confused:
Reply 21
Niajaboi
£17.80.......was that return ticket. Or do you mean that he took a national express bus from cambridge to london for only 8quid?:confused:

It costs £17.80 to get a return ticket with a railcard from Kings Cross to Cambridge.

It cost my bf £8 for a return ticket on a national express bus from Cambridge to London (fun fares or something).

EDIT: Just have to add that the £17.80 one is an open return, not a day return - forgot that!
Reply 22
When is it? ebay a DVD sharpish and make an extra fiver? youll have the payment within a day.. if its soon, maybe borrow a fiver from a friend? assuming you have one..
I wouldn't advise the coach if you want to look fresh for your interview... it gets a bit bumpy!

I can't see the problem with getting the earlier coach and walking: you'll get a chance to clear your head before your interview, and have a backup plan in case your train is delayed. And you'll save the taxi fare. Score!
Reply 24
I go to London, buying tickets on the day, for like £11 (w/ railcard...and internet suggests that it would be £18 day return (without railcard) are you staying the night?) and taxi to Churchill will be like £8 at least

But just get the earlier train, an hour early is nothing really (especially if you'll be walking to Churchill)
I've just looked on the internet and its £18 for a day return (after 9.30am) without a railcard.
Charlski
£17.80 if you buy it on the day.

Having commuted quite frequently, it does vary between week days and weekend. I often got returns for £11.80 using my railcard.
Charlski

EDIT: OP, my bf got a national express bus from Cambridge to come and see me the other weekend, cost him £8 return.

I was just going to suggest this - definitely the best option if price is an issue, and I presume it dumps you by Parkers Piece
Reply 27
Craghyrax
Having commuted quite frequently, it does vary between week days and weekend. I often got returns for £11.80 using my railcard.

Yeah, I forgot that the £17.80 was an open return, as I don't buy day returns when I go to see my bf - I corrected that in another post, though :smile:
Reply 28
you can also get a day-rider for teh bus which costs just under £3 I think. the Uni 4 / Citi 4 (it's the same thing) stops near churchill. You'd probably have to change buses at drummer street (the bus station in town where everyone will get off)....
How does the uni4 go near Churchill? It goes from Addenbrookes to West Road and back again.
Reply 30
My train ticket cost £53. :sad:
Reply 31
LH123
My train ticket cost £53. :sad:

I take it that you live fffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from Cambridge!
Reply 32
Not that far. 3 hours by train. :smile:
Reply 33
Nina
You're location says London OP? If that's true then it won't cost you anywhere near £27 for a train ticket. With a railcard its about £15.

King's Cross and Liverpool Street to Cambridge costs £27 for an off-peak return at the moment (e: for return the next day - I'm assuming OP is staying overnight?), so if OP has no railcard then that's what he'll have to pay :frown:
I was thinking of going by train, but then my Dad took pity on my pockets and decided to give me a lift :p:
That's for an open return. A day return is only £18.
Reply 35
Ahh I see. that's what it was going to cost me going up on the 10th and coming back on the 11th.
Reply 36
My ticket was 34 pounds from Manchester return with railcard.
Is that a good price?
Reply 37
sadie-kiki
King's Cross and Liverpool Street to Cambridge costs £27 for an off-peak return at the moment (e: for return the next day - I'm assuming OP is staying overnight?), so if OP has no railcard then that's what he'll have to pay :frown:
I was thinking of going by train, but then my Dad took pity on my pockets and decided to give me a lift :p:

Awwwwww daddy's girl:yep:
Reply 38
Dan1607
My ticket was 34 pounds from Manchester return with railcard.
Is that a good price?

I don't know tbh
Reply 39
Niajaboi
Awwwwww daddy's girl:yep:

*winds round little finger* :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending