The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

pamelaa
C in computing and you want to do computer science? Hmmm :s-smilie:

It's really not all that shocking. There are big differences between CompSci at university and A-level Computing. My father teaches the former and I have it on his authority that most of the latter is utterly useless for students coming to study it at a university level at most places. There's a reason why no-one requires it while needing Maths (a subject I'm not brilliant at even though I ace the Computing syllabus)
Reply 21
numb3rb0y
It's really not all that shocking. There are big differences between CompSci at university and A-level Computing. My father teaches the former and I have it on his authority that most of the latter is utterly useless for students coming to study it at a university level at most places. There's a reason why no-one requires it while needing Maths (a subject I'm not brilliant at even though I ace the Computing syllabus)

Yeah I hear that a level computing is regarded a 'weaker' subject in England than it is here in Scotland, and I think most people would find it strange at least here to apply to do computer science with a c but yeah okay.
Reply 22
+epic
I cannot believe you rejected Imperial :confused: i mean, most people would die for that offer! It would set you up for life!

Hi jake
Reply 23
Alexiscool
Hi jake

Hello? Do i know you?
Reply 24
Alexiscool
Hi jake

sorry if last post sounded rude lol :o: i meant a nice hello! but i see youre from Cornwall, and you said hi to me so I wondered if you knew me? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending