Wanna give that some thought?
Reply 81
This thread really is pointless! :yep:
ADREAM
This thread really is pointless! :yep:

A bit like this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
Reply 83
I think my username should change colour too, it would show how wonderful I am.
Teebs

:adore:
LearningMath
Yes, i think the OP post is rubbish to be honest, all my friends who are at oxbridge had questions about outside interests...

its very common to be asked about Ecs but this does not mean that they take your answers into account. in fact when i went to oxford open day they said they only ask this as it feels 'safe ground' to the interviewee and they will start to relax a bit but they dont care about what they actually say (i assume this would change if applicant said favourite pasttime was rape or murder but you get the point).
Reply 86
ive been saying this for years...
Teebs

Hinting for subs again? :dry:
:p:
Vazzyb

Saying what? They really don't give a damn about unrelated, non-academic ECs? :rolleyes:
Reply 89
Craghyrax
Hinting for subs again? :dry:
:p:

:eek: No! I walk a very narrow line between excessive nerdyness and coolness. Getting a sub would throw that balance off completely. I'd have to have a painful period of readjustment to a decent equilibrium followed by an increase in activities such as clubbing.
im so academic
Saying what? They really don't give a damn about unrelated, non-academic ECs?

lol who gives a crap?
Reply 91
im so academic
Saying what? They really don't give a damn about unrelated, non-academic ECs? :rolleyes:

YES!!!!!:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
Keep the thread on topic please! :smile:
Teebs
YES!!!!!:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

If that's true, how come River85 et al. aer arguing that they do matter? :rolleyes:
im so academic
If that's true, how come River85 et al. aer arguing that they do matter? :rolleyes:

I reiterate:

lol who gives a crap?
I really have to wonder what exactly captivates you so completely about the Cambridge admissions process, im so academic. Really.

I personally don't have any non-academic interests, so I just wrote about books and plays and things that I'd read that weren't to do with the subject I was applying for. We'll see how successful that strategy was next weekend. :rolleyes:
Vazzyb

I've been saying it for decades. :yep:
Reply 97
im so academic

Because they don't know what they're talking about. That or they think the universities are lying to you. Hmm, actually, that's a scary though, what if they universities ARE lying to you :eek: Everything they say could be false :s-smilie: My god, I've been wasting my life! Listening to the universities! Nooo!!! I'm leaving university now. I'm going to be a plumber instead. At least the plumbers won't lie to me.

Keep the thread on topic please!

:no:
necessarily benevolent
I reiterate:

lol who gives a crap?

me :p:
Reply 99
Snooker and darts are own as mathematical(ish) sports right, so surely competing nationally would help you if you were applying for maths.

Latest

Trending

Trending