The Student Room Group
Reply 1
go, at the worst you waste one night.
Reply 2
completely. my "prom" (UK version!) consisted of several boys in tuxes attempting to be Bond with about as many girls as a tenor section of a choir. So much for fun, but at least I can say I went.
Reply 3
Our sixth form doesn't have a formal prom until the Leavers Ball until the end of yr 13, but every year the head boy and girl organise the sixth form party..

Basically a whole club is rented out and u just get smashed! So ofcourse I go!
Reply 4
i went to my school prom, i wouldnt of missed it for the world. it was really good. i would of regretted it forever if i hadnt of gone. so go! definitely!

karen x
Reply 5
go!

I had a prom in y11 and now I'm in y13 we're having another one in a couple of weeks time, which is going to be totally pretentious with a string quartet playing us in and a firework display to end the night.

I figured it can't be as bad as the first one(I got far too drunk, smoked far too much, got off with a complete minger and fell into a bush of stinging nettles after losing my tights on barbed wire), but if it is.. I can get drunk in the corner.
Reply 6
go! gud fun..
I loved my prom. It was the last time i saw all of my school friends together in one room, and it meant alot to me.

I had a great night, and fortunately the people that run the bar think i'm 18 so i could drink all night when 99% of people couldn't. That was good.

The best part was the afterparty, though. :wink:
we've got a prom in July - I don't know what to wear :frown:
Reply 9
I didn't go to mine for two reasons

1.) I couldn't see the point in paying £20 for a meal that I know I'm not going to eat
2.) I couldn't be arsed.
if you didn't go, you might even regret it for the rest of your life :rolleyes:
there's going to be quite a few people there you may not see for a long time, if not never :smile:
Cellardore
we've got a prom in July - I don't know what to wear :frown:

loads of my friends went to TKMAXX in the Christmas sales :rolleyes:
i think i want a pink dress :biggrin:
Reply 12
My proms in July. I dont have a scoob where im gonna get a dress from cos there isnt really your typical ball gowns in the shops. Anyone any ideas where to go?
Parsfan7
My proms in July. I dont have a scoob where im gonna get a dress from cos there isnt really your typical ball gowns in the shops. Anyone any ideas where to go?

I haven't got my dress yet either - Wardrobe is great for that though so I think I'll be heading down there soon. Mine is in May I think.
Last year (went with my boyfriend to his prom) I got my dress in the Debanhams sale the week before. This year I don't think I shall leave it so late!! All week people have been talking about buying dresses or getting dresses made and now I am worried about what I shall wear. Plently of shops here sell prom dresses/ball gowns. I keep seeing ads in the local paper and a lot of bridal shops do them too!!

Latest

Trending

Trending