The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NDGAARONDI
As long as you do a scene from Goodness Gracious Me you will be fine.

:eek:

I didn't realise I was supposed to do a scene. I thought quoting phrases from it would be enough... :getmecoat:

:rofl:

OP, don't worry about it! Like others have said, as long as you don't exclude yourself by only hanging round with Asians, you'll be fine! :yep:
Reply 21
lyrical17
hi

this sounds really silly, but me being indian, british wont have any affect on me making friends would it, like being invited to parties and stuff.

Im reffering to the university of manchester

As when i went to the offer day i was the only indian in my group/seminar..?

Some classes at Manchester, White people are a minority :yep:

No one is going to care.
Only if you make it a big deal.
Reply 23
is ehtnic minority a problem at uni's in london like king's, queen's, rhul etc?

and OP, i live in manchester and trust me you wont be seen as an ethnic minority. & as someone said, some of the accomm is in fallowfield i think, & there are a lot of asians there so if you're worried about fitting in then dont youll be fine :smile:
Reply 24
The_Lonely_Goatherd

I didn't realise I was supposed to do a scene. I thought quoting phrases from it would be enough... :getmecoat:

:rofl:

OP, don't worry about it! Like others have said, as long as you don't exclude yourself by only hanging round with Asians, you'll be fine! :yep:

no no no, you have to actually act out the scene, like so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFL0w1ruiCM
Reply 25
menaa-x
is ehtnic minority a problem at uni's in london like king's, queen's, rhul etc?

and OP, i live in manchester and trust me you wont be seen as an ethnic minority. & as someone said, some of the accomm is in fallowfield i think, & there are a lot of asians there so if you're worried about fitting in then dont youll be fine :smile:

One thing i can tell you is that london unis are the most multicultural of all universities.

unis such as kings, city and queen mary have loadz and loadz of brit asians.
jabed786
no no no, you have to actually act out the scene, like so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFL0w1ruiCM

I did show some of my white friends this clip, they were horrified by it :rofl:
Reply 27
lyrical17
One thing i can tell you is that london unis are the most multicultural of all universities.

unis such as kings, city and queen mary have loadz and loadz of brit asians.

oh okay :tongue:
No offence to asians, cos im one myself, but id rather go to a uni that wasnt overly populated with mainly asians cos i would see it as a distraction :s-smilie:.
i go to the university of manchester- I'm black and we make up only 2% of the no. of students.

I think the only way your race will be a problem is if you allow it to be one. Kind of like self-fufilling prophecy.
But Manchester is v. multicultural so don't worry about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending