The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gemgem1990
:eek:

Group-speaking is easy. I have a horrible lack of confidence in social situations and am extremely quiet in unfamiliar situations, but when it comes to things like group discussion I'm more than happy to stick my face in and tell everyone why they're wrong.
Reply 21
apassingfeeling
You too! To be honest I'm really scared, I've never been good in social situations. But then I just think... there's got to be someone there that i'll strike up a connection with :smile:
And as you can see with some of the other responses, people feel exactly the same :biggrin:

Yeah im really scared too! but excited to meet new people, im just glad that being quiet isnt going to jepordise this :smile: im sure you'll have no trouble making new friends! x
Lust of a Gardener
Are you quoting johnny rotten? or are you simply stating that making friends is a piece of piss?...either way, I like its relevance:yep: :yep:

meant making fiends is, but anyone can read it how they like!
It arguably depends on the uni - none are completely anti-social, but some have more sociable reputations e.g. Manchester, Leeds etc.
I've found it pretty difficult. Drifted away from freshers week people very quickly and now I don't really know anyone on campus (except a few TSR people :biggrin: )
Reply 25
I'm quite shy and found it quite easy to make friends at uni.
You'll be fine, just be friendly and chatty :smile: everyone's in the same boat anyway.
Reply 26
Its the easiest thing in the world,

think about it this way. A group of freshers all in the same boat!

Just go wild and let your hair down:wink:

You'll be fine:smile:

Plus I'm a first year fresher again next year too haha:biggrin:
I found it hard, yeah the first few months were easy when everyone was in the same boat, but then everyone got into groups....which is where I somehow missed the boat (i think it was because I had a lot less money than everyone else so had to stop going out with them as much) and now I am not really even friends with my housemates, just superficial relationships so I get a bit lonely. Its only first year I suppose!
Reply 28
I was a bit like that but dont worry mate there are always ways around it!
Reply 29
Nataliex182
People say they meet they're best friends at university. Im quite a shy person, well im friendly when im talking one on one with someone, just im not very good talking in group situations. Do you think i will be okay making friends? im sort of worried everyone is going to be loud and bubbly and not want to talk to me. I do have the confidents to speak to people one on one, im fine in that situation just not in groups if i dont know the people. :confused: whats your experience with making friends in uni?

Word of warning: you're going to come across drones of loud and overconfident people who won't let you get a word in edgeways, particularly on the first night of Freshers.

Latest

Trending

Trending