The Student Room Group

Do I look like a 19yr old?

I'm at my first year of university and people in my class always joke around, saying I look like a 12 year old. I personally think I look at least 16, but this has definitely torn my confidence. Imagine me trying to get into bars/clubs or even trying to hook up with someone my age, only to be rejected. :doh:

edit: just uploaded the pic in profile

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you look at least 18.
I'd say 15ish, no offence lol.
Reply 3
yeah you look 18.
not bad WarmEye :wink:
Reply 4
yh, but i hate that comb-over hair style
Reply 5
hit puberty plx
You look about 17. Its okay, my friends who are 19/18 in first year of uni look about 16/17. They get ID all the time at pubs. Don't worry about it, you will hit puberty at some point, or you just have a baby face for life.
Reply 7
16-17
Maybe not quite 19 but you don't look 16 either, somewhere in between.
Reply 10
You look around 18. I know people my age (18) who look way younger than you do.
Very sorry OP, but I'd say 14-15 :redface: But you can dress older? Let some stubble grow?
you look 17-18 but sometimes it can go lower! don't get it get you down...a youthful look never really hurt
Reply 13
I'd allow you 17. Not to worry, you'll get your day. One day you'll look in the mirror and see a man. Ask him if you look any older then :smile:
Reply 15
You look very young...
I have the same problem, I'm 18 and look like 16 year old. Although my case is less extreme than yours.
you do look at bit younger then 19

but hey its a look better then looking older then 19, people think i am a lot old :emo:
Reply 18
you look like you've killed people to get where you are today
I think guys that look really youthful are hot, I know that's not really relevant to the OP's question but just thought I'd chip in with that. :p:

Surely you shouldn't care if you look young? If anything it's a plus I think, I love looking youthful! You know you're 18 and have the ID to prove it so you shouldn't be fussed about going to a bar. Regarding hooking up there'll always be people that like a sweet, young guy. If that's not the image you want then you can always change, someone above suggested growing some stubble - not sure what else to do cos I prefer to look young but I'm sure your friends could give advice too.

Latest