The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
LennonMcCartney
Based on that, I'd have to say mesomorphic. I'm 5' 6'', but weigh anything between 9 and 10 stone, which is generally quite a lot for a guy my size. I do have a tummy, but it's not large, and most of my limbs are generally quite firm.

When I was younger, however, I used to be a bag of bones. That sort of changed during puberty. I think.

Yes you are mesomorphic - lucky git. :biggrin:

Puberty is when you start seeing what type your body is. For me, I grew tall and broad during my puberty years, and only recently now that my matab has slightly slown down - and I have worked out, I have put on mass here and there. (Chest, shoulders and back) My limbs however are lean muscily, I rathaer them be bulky musicly.
p.s. I think it's spelt "metabolism."
Heh. 'Matobolism' sounds like a Ugandan political movement or something.
Reply 63
it's actually very rare that someone is truly belonging to only one of those 3 body types. People usually have combined aspects of at least 2 of the groups....but it takes lots of tests to determine the ratio. For example, I would have to say from the description given above, LennonMcCartney is possibly meso:endo in a ratio of 7:3. Obviously this might be wrong, you can get an idea for yourself.
Myself, I used to be very skinny, but since I've been doing lots of sport I've bulked up, but still on the skinny side. If I trained hard I am quite good at endurance (which is an ectomorph trait) but as I said with my current sport I am moving towards a mesomorpth build. I can eat all I want and not get fat atm. From this I would say I'm probably ecto:meso in the ratio of 6:4

you get the idea

the 3 groups are actually characterised by: ectomorph: long and thin, mesomorph: broad shouldered, endomorph: Pear shaped (i.e. a belly)
i think mine must be quite fast, but i think that's a good thing :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending