The Student Room Group

If you left college/sixth form now...

What grades would you have achieved before sitting your final exams?

I would have achieved a C and 2 D's in my A2 Levels. I have 5 exams to take in June.

In Sociology I'm currently on 387/600 which is a C. I have one synoptic paper to take next month. To get a B overall I need 33/120 in the synoptic exam. This is a U, which means I don't even need to pass the paper to get a B. I find this unbelievable.

In History I'm on 300/600 which is a D. I haven't even got my coursework marks back yet. Plus I am resitting one exam and doing another next month. So say I get 60/90 in my coursework (I hope for higher) I will again have a C before I walk into the exam.

And as for English it's the same again. 333/600 which is a D. I have two more papers to complete with a combined total of 210. to get a B I need 87 marks and for an A 147 marks.

Is anyone else in the same boat here? I feel like the pressure has lifted slightly to get my grades I need for uni. I also feel like my hard work has paid off :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A in Psychology(500/600), B in Chemistry(466/600), and C in Biology (361(?)/600)
Reply 2
ooh in Biology I have 306/600 = D
in chemistry 311/600 = D
in geography 348/600 = D
3 D's
I think I worked out that I need at least 2 D's and 1 C in my summer exams to get my uni grades, so a little pressure lifted, but I'm still a bit worried.
Reply 3
kohlstream
A in Psychology, B in Chemistry, and C in Biology

How? Unless you've already done your exams, or you are extremely clever :-)

And to Ramaya it does certainly lift the pressure a bit. I haven't started revising yet though...
105 in sociology is my highest so far. But I'm AS. :p:
Reply 5
Smiley_Me
How? Unless you've already done your exams, or you are extremely clever :-)

Busted! I am a resitter, I did leave last year with BCC, but now I have ABC, after AS resits, hoping to go up to three As?
Reply 6
kohlstream
Busted! I am a resitter, I did leave last year with BCC, but now I have ABC, after AS resits, hoping to go up to three As?

Ah, so you're a perfectionist? Well good luck with it, and if you're retaking you definitely deserve your 3 A's :-)
Reply 7
B in Psychology, D in Government and Politics and D in English Language/Literature.
Reply 8
AATTMM
B in Psychology, D in Government and Politics and D in English Language/Literature.

What exam board do you do for English?
Reply 9
tis_me_lord
105 in sociology is my highest so far. But I'm AS. :p:

Did you get full marks in your Sociology exam?
Reply 10
where do you know these boundaries from?

does anyone know the what i will need out of 600 or whatever it is, to get a C in Business Studies - AQA - Or where i can find out?
Reply 11
mark1988

does anyone know the what i will need out of 600 or whatever it is, to get a C in Business Studies - AQA - Or where i can find out?

a C is around 60%, so thats about 360/600 for a C, although this may vary from board to board.
Reply 12
mark1988

See this website and click on the examiners report you want to look at. Scroll down near the ends and you would see a table with boundary grades: http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/bus_exam.html
Reply 13
Smiley_Me
What grades would you have achieved before sitting your final exams?

At least CCC at the end of A2, or CCD. :p:
Reply 14
At the moment I'm sitting on ACD

I've only got 4 more exams to go, did all of ICT in Jan so that's why I'm already on my A there.
At the moment I'm on ADD. I've sat 5 English modules, which would explain the A. The others are a little more complicated and scary.
My school doesn't allow January exams- I'm doing 17 modules this year! I got 4 As last year so I suppose that means I have 4 Es now?!
Unless they were massively high A's. Then you might have a D! When I say massively high, I mean full marks of course. :smile:
DDEE
Smiley_Me
Did you get full marks in your Sociology exam?

Yeah. :eek:

It was a miracle. :biggrin:

Latest