The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cage's 4'33". That is all.
Reply 2
i have literally everything on my ipod from metallica to coldplay, literally everything
Molpheus
Literally everything

Literally everything???? Your memory must be huge.
Reply 4
got a 80gb Ipod classic..... its full
4GB Nano. Full with loads of metal and Madness with a bit of Muse for good measure music that engages me so i don't get bored travelling.
EmmaDilemma
I have such a strange taste in music..

ranges from Bon Iver and Jose Gonzalez to Elvis Costello & The Beatles & Cream to bands like Kings of Leon & Wolfmother.

...it's not that strange.
Reply 7
I'd imagine that not many other TSRians have Mongolian overtone singing on their iPods. Of course, I could be wrong. >_>
Reply 8
I don't own an iPod, I'm cool you see.

/cheap
Mine is pretty diverse.....

Metal is the predominant one, but my collection ranges from Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Opeth, Dream Theater, through punk like Offspring and Bad Religion to general rock - Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi through Muse and Oasis to Lily Allen and even a bit of Robbie Williams through Jonny Cash through Faithless and Pendulum through Eminem and 50 Cent and then a nice bit of Vivaldi and Beethoven. Being a drama student I've also got quite a few musicals on there.

So yeah....pretty diverse.....I'm hoping when I get to uni I'll have one of those Ipods that anyone can find what they like on it......I'm generally into a bit of everything.
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but having a mixture of metal, punk and indie doesn't constitute a diverse I-pod/music collection.
Reply 11
600 Rap, hiphop and rnb songs, 98 dance tunes and like 10 indie and rock. Complete opposite to the rest of tsr
I wont claim mines a bit of everything, because its not. Im fussy about music, and dont have a great deal of variety.

Paste your taste on last.fm says:
The Ghost of a Thousand, Marilyn Manson, Gallows, Nirvana, From First to Last, My Chemical Romance, Placebo, Linkin Park, The Used, Silverstein, Taking Back Sunday, Incubus, Finch, Bloc Party, Glassjaw, Armor for Sleep, Exit Ten, Foo Fighters, Panic at the Disco, At the Drive-In, Billy Talent, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Lostprophets, Blur, We Are Scientists, Cry for Silence, The Cribs, Oasis, Muse, Mayday Parade, Klaxons, blink-182, Biffy Clyro, Spineshank, Paramore, Kings of Leon, From Autumn to Ashes, Jimmy Eat World, Metallica, The Cure, Protest the Hero, InMe, The Prodigy, Alexisonfire, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Fightstar, Enter Shikari, Kaiser Chiefs.
One Man Clique
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but having a mixture of metal, punk and indie doesn't constitute a diverse I-pod/music collection.

The ones I mentioned (just examples obviously) had a mix of metal, rock, indie, punk, pop, musical, classical, rap, drum and bass, club....... and I've got others like reggae, folk etc, just not as much. Thats not just a mixture of metal punk and indie - or do you count those artists as being indie for some reason? Its fairly diverse as a mix of music - although I won't be so arrogant as to claim its extremely diverse - I'm the first to admit its largely mainstream.
Rock, indie, punk, rap and drum and bass are all, essentially, Anglo-American youth sub-cultural styles and movements derived from similar roots.

If, however, you had said, "I have a mixture free form acid jazz, bit-pop, Latvian nasal chanting, tribal house, Nothern soul, bunggul, futurism, Italo disco, Mongolian overtone singing (thankyou BJack), space and Hungarian folk music," then perhaps we could call your tastes diverse. As it stands, apart from the Beethoven - a staple of many record collections - I would call you a western pop-music fan. Nothing wrong with that, that is predominantly what I listen to, but you can hardly call it diverse.

Also, if you're a drama student, I'd highly recommend downloading some Mercury Theatre Company (War of the Worlds is a classic!) and Thomas' Under Milk Wood. You wont regret it!
Reply 15
Molpheus
i have literally everything on my ipod from metallica to coldplay, literally everything

Same

Largest genre is probably Heavy Rock & Metal. I also have loads of Pop, Classical, Chillout, Trance, Electronic, Techno, House, Hip Hop, Rap, J-Rock, J-Pop, Drum n Bass... literally everything I've ever discovered - theres very little music I dislike.

I have about 90GB atm :awesome:
Reply 16
80GB iPod, rapidly running low on space.

...Genre-wise? Mostly Alt/Prog Rock- as ridiculously broad a label as that is. Loads of Britpop and Dance kicking around, too- with a couple of Musicals and Soundtracks for good measure.

Current listening material? Manic Street Preachers. <3
Reply 17
Molpheus

Wow, so one guitar orientated genre all the way to another, so diverse :rolleyes: .
Reply 18
Mostly heavy metal like lamb of god, pantera, meshuggah etc. Also a few lighter bands like tool, which I suppose you would say is rock.
Reply 19
Jeppaloth
Wow, so one guitar orientated genre all the way to another, so diverse :rolleyes: .

i do have beethoven and other classical stuff on there as well lol, as well as pretty much everything else :P

Latest