The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

TMA results - what are the bands?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amxzz
I wasn’t asked to put in a special circumstances form. Should I ask? Taking a year out isn’t an option for me tbh. I like having something to do and finished by next year. So I can’t do the level 2 module with my level 3 modules?

There is a time limit of when you can put in a special circumstances form so you should look on their website about it as soon as possible. But you should really get in touch with the university so they can help in your particular situation.
You could do a level 2 module with a level 3 module, I believe, but you can't do more than 120 credits a year, so you could do one level 2 and one level 3. But like I said, if one of those level 3 module needs you to have completed a certain level 2 module, then no, you wouldn't be able to do a level 3 module without first completing the necessary level 2 modules.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 41
Original post by -Eirlys-
There is a time limit of when you can put in a special circumstances form so you should look on their website about it as soon as possible. But you should really get in touch with the university so they can help in your particular situation.
You could do a level 2 module with a level 3 module, I believe, but you can't do more than 120 credits a year, so you could do one level 2 and one level 3. But like I said, if one of those level 3 module needs you to have completed a certain level 2 module, then no, you wouldn't be able to do a level 3 module without first completing the necessary level 2 modules.

I just submitted a special circumstance form. And I feel like student support isn’t much help.
Does anyone know how the black box marking system works exactly? What do I mean by this? If you gave your paper to 100 different tutors, would I receive exactly the same grade within the tutor's margin of error?

Quick Reply

Latest