The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zinc.
Reply 2
I thought white spots mean lack of calcuim so you need to drink more Milk!
Reply 3
red meats contain zinc if i recall correctly
Zinc :hmmm:

You can get supplements from Boots or something.

The best sources of zinc include beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat, turkey, chicken, lobster, clams and salmon.
Reply 5
its actually from too much calcium in your diet, its nothing really to worry about, but if you want them to disappear, reduce the amount of calcium in your diet
It's zinc and calcium. For zinc, you can get supplements or up your intake of leafy green vegetables, seeds and pulses and certain fruits :smile:
Reply 7
adeleaitken
its actually from too much calcium in your diet, its nothing really to worry about, but if you want them to disappear, reduce the amount of calcium in your diet

Nah it's not; it's a lack of zinc (or so i've been told by my mum who's a doctah).

As per as this it's more likely down to injury:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-causes-white-spots-on-fingernails.htm
Reply 8
i read that the whitespots on the nails were actually caused by tapping nails on a surface...
i've stopped doing it to see if it's true, and apparently it is
i still do it now though :biggrin:
CALCIUM DIFFICIENCY!
(apologies if that is spelt wrong)
drink the milk, and lick the lid of life
you'll be good
Reply 10
adeleaitken

:lies:
Hmm now this is confusing, I drink tons of milk and eat quite a lot of meat! Though I do tap my nails a lot :p:
i thought it was calcium deficiency? or possibly damage to the nail? i mashed my fingers in a car boot door, and they went white where they were squished
Reply 13
i was told it was lack of calcium

and sometimes when you wack your nail on something hard you tend to get that white mark.
Reply 14
Lol this is what happens when people start taking the 'Cheesestrings' adverts srsly :p:
Helpful conversation, everyone's contradicting each other :p:
Reply 16
Lefty Leo
Nah it's not; it's a lack of zinc (or so i've been told by my mum who's a doctah).

As per as this it's more likely down to injury:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-causes-white-spots-on-fingernails.htm

I've been taking zinc supplements for the past 5 years...I think I usually overdose on it and take loads through food as well, but still have the white marks on my nails.
Its Calcium deficiency isnt it?
Drink more milk :P:
i used to have them on pretty much all my nails and since i stopped drinking milk they have disappeared. :s-smilie:
99 Red Balloons
Apparently it's lack of zinc? What do I need to eat?

i was always told white marks on your fingernails means a lack of calcium - just eat loads of cheese sandwiches :biggrin: - worked for me - if your feeling kinda crazy put some crisps in the sandwich too :smile: - oh yeah - i went there :smile:

this is what being on a gap year with no job does to you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending