The Student Room Group

Losing faith in girls..

Im not a misogynist ...... yet

I enjoy the company of girls but after my experiences with both relationships and friendships im losing faith that there are genuine females out there.
In my experience a girls natural instinct is to get their own way and to do this they will manipulate and play games. You could say this is childish and they’ll eventually grow out of this but there’s plenty of older women demonstrating this behaviour.

I cant help but notice this when i meet girls no matter how small the issue is that they’re trying to get their own way about. I don’t want to go through life pre judging girls but they all seem very nice when you first meet them.

Basically, i want your opinions :smile:
Reply 1
Get over it. People have flaws, I'm sure you do too. Most people's natural instinct is to get their own way, boys included. I think it's a case of refining one's compromising skills. Manipulative behaviour can be irritating, just find a girl who agrees with you and you'll be ok... You can be almost misogynists together! :smile:
Reply 2
My theory on girls is that they're all just a little bit ****** up in the head, its just one of those things.

When I first got with my gf, she was actually the dream type of girls personality, didn't mind me going out, actually encouraged me to go out with my mates more as I was with her a couple of times when my mates were out, wasn't argumentative, not high maintenance, and there was give and take, not me just being whipped.

Now though, and I love her so much still, but the mental streak is evident, it's not as big as a hell of a lot of girls, but its there, she doesnt kick up a fuss about me being with my mates when i could be with her, or if I cancel on her for them (only if i havent saw them for say a week) she's sweet, but theres more arguments about her getting her own way for little stuff, I'm basically a bit whipped, and shes trying to 'change' me a bit (admittedly for the better i.e. smoking) which she wouldn't have done before.

I ******* love that mental streak.
Reply 3
Anonymous
Im not a misogynist ...... yet

I enjoy the company of girls but after my experiences with both relationships and friendships im losing faith that there are genuine females out there.
In my experience a girls natural instinct is to get their own way and to do this they will manipulate and play games. You could say this is childish and they’ll eventually grow out of this but there’s plenty of older women demonstrating this behaviour.

I cant help but notice this when i meet girls no matter how small the issue is that they’re trying to get their own way about. I don’t want to go through life pre judging girls but they all seem very nice when you first meet them.

Basically, i want your opinions :smile:

Manipulative streaks are common in just about everyone on the planet: We're all playing the game of natural selection at some level. A lot of people just have varying different ways of going about this - women and men alike.

I'd say that something to consider whenever you're talking about people, what you're really making the judgement on is how they behave in your presence.

Like, you might think of a girl as a bitch. Presumably though, she goes home at night to her boyfriend and is nice to him and talks to him and doesn't behave in the same way she does to you.

Apply the same to manipulative behaviour. Somebody is manipulating you? What do they want? Why don't they just ask for it? Why do they think they can get away with it with you?

If we're talking about feminine traits, you also have to consider masculinity in the same breath. If a girl is being stereotypically 'female' by say, being clingy or spending hours on the phone or asking you to make time for her when you're busy (Not that these traits are exclusively done by females) then a good idea is to think how to answer with equal masculinity; i.e. Put your foot down, say no, or whatever.

Thats not to say 'Be a prick' but if you don't have enough respect for yourself to say 'Hey, I don't want you behaving like this around me' then you can't blame them for setting all the rules.

Latest

Trending

Trending