The Student Room Group

IB remarks with how far away you are from the next level!!!

Hi guys!

I've been reading around these forums for a while and I have noticed that even though there are people talking about remarks they aren't actually writing how far away they are from the next level.
I've just sent of 4 subjects to get remarked (lucky me!) each one a few percentage points away! I'll get the ball rolling anyway.

English A1 SL - 4% from a lv 6 (4 marks)
French B SL - 4% from a lv 5 (4 marks)
Economics SL - 3% from a lv 7 (3 marks)
Biology HL - 1.11% from a lv 6 (2 marks)

Anyone had any expirence of remarks and then likelyhood that they will go up/down/stay the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
for biology, i think the only chance you can achieve a lvl 6 is they change ur grade of ur IA, there is a little chance they are changing the marks on ur other papers.
However there's a greater chance for increasing ur grade in the other 3 subjects.
I'm 1% of 7s in French B and Biology HL.
I'm

5% from level 7 in Chem HL
4% from level 7 in Business HL
3% from level 7 in Biology SL

For English there is a chance you could go up. I got a 5 for english but I got 19 on P1, 13 on P2 and 12 for my World Lit (im SL). I'm thinking of getting p2 remarked - do you know if you can get world lit marked?

For french the only way you can really go up is if they look at p2 or perhaps even your oral. My oral was at 25, but then it got moderated down to a 22. I did really bad on p1 (got 25), but I got 24 on p2 so thats fine. got me 3% over a 6
Reply 4
Well the oral is counted as an IA I think so I doubt they would remark that. Also, I am curious about the world lit aswell as it is externally mark so it isn't an IA. I hope it does get remarked as I was shocked to get 11!!
As for French B SL my paper 2 was dreadful ( lv 3 11/30!!) Hopefully that should go up as I never got below lv 5's in class.
My IA's for Bio HL and Chem HL got marked down a lot. It went down by 8 for Chem and 9 for Bio!! I asked my IBC what I can do about it and she said that if a lot of other students IA's changed alot then they would check it out. Anyone on TSR had any expirence of questioning IA's?
My IAs when down too, but not as much as you. My Chem HL when down from 34 to 33 and my Bio SL went from 38 to 33.
Arj12
Well the oral is counted as an IA I think so I doubt they would remark that. Also, I am curious about the world lit aswell as it is externally mark so it isn't an IA. I hope it does get remarked as I was shocked to get 11!!
As for French B SL my paper 2 was dreadful ( lv 3 11/30!!) Hopefully that should go up as I never got below lv 5's in class.
My IA's for Bio HL and Chem HL got marked down a lot. It went down by 8 for Chem and 9 for Bio!! I asked my IBC what I can do about it and she said that if a lot of other students IA's changed alot then they would check it out. Anyone on TSR had any expirence of questioning IA's?

Nearly everyone who does Biology HL at my school had IA moderated down by 8...the head of science is on the war path. Get your IBC on the case too!
Reply 7
Hey just max, I've talked to the person that assists the IBC as she is on holiday now (lol!!!) and she said that she'll look into it but that teachers are now on holiday and as it is individual departments that make the enquiry and have to pay for it I may have to wait till august the 20th when most the teachers come in for A level results :|
Reply 8
how can you tell how far away you are from the next grade?
Reply 9
I'm a FRACTION OF A PERCENT off a 7 in eco
Reply 10
I have sent off my EE in German, which was 20 / 30 to be remarked, and it came back yesterday 27/30 (!!!) which put my total up by 2 points :smile: I also sent off my English which was 2 points from a 7, but I haven't had that back yet.
Reply 11
Kittten
I have sent off my EE in German, which was 20 / 30 to be remarked, and it came back yesterday 27/30 (!!!) which put my total up by 2 points :smile: I also sent off my English which was 2 points from a 7, but I haven't had that back yet.

Wow, thats impressive! Let us know how your English goes too.
Reply 12
how long does it take to get the results of the remarks back?
rinaldhy
how long does it take to get the results of the remarks back?

I am also wondering that. The guy above said he got the result back in a day...which is quite shocking: my IBC said it would take at least three weeks.
Guys, by the way, it is worth asking ramark in Chemistry? I have no idea why I got this result. Although my grade is so weird, I have not taken any action becuase people here say it is not worth remarking science/math, which is quite straightforward.

Can anybody give me some advice?
Reply 15
spatex
Wow, thats impressive! Let us know how your English goes too.

Thank you :smile:

As for how long it takes, I requested a remark on results day and payed the deposit then, but I don't think they send it off for a while. I got the reply back for my EE (German) yesterday. I was told it could take up to a month to get a reply, so I'm expecting to be waiting a bit for English. I think it depends which exam markers are on holiday / easily contactable / free for how long it comes back.
Reply 16
I am 1.2% away from a 7 in Math HL. I so badly hope I go up. What do you guys rate my chances, I worked its about 4 marks up in any of P1, P2 or P3.
Reply 17
I still haven't got the grade breakdown!!!

The IBC doesn't pick up her phone!! Isn't she supposed to send it to us? or is it up to her? :|
Reply 18
Student#1
I still haven't got the grade breakdown!!!

The IBC doesn't pick up her phone!! Isn't she supposed to send it to us? or is it up to her? :|

I had to go in to school to request mine to be printed out, otherwise they don't bother at my school. They could have the same policy at yours.
Reply 19
Kittten
I had to go in to school to request mine to be printed out, otherwise they don't bother at my school. They could have the same policy at yours.

My school is shut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending