The Student Room Group

Why does this happen?

Anon please, just in case he's on TSR.

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 months, and I really trust him and everything is good, apart from in the bedroom! Whenever we get as far as removing clothes, or him seeing me topless, I get really shaky and nervous, and I just can't enjoy it that much, I can't relax. I am really self-conscious of my body and even though he tells me he likes all of me, I can't accept it. We were practically naked the other day and I just ended up in tears and shaking and apologising because I was just so nervous!

I feel like I shouldn't be nervous though, it's something I want to do, there's no pressure on me to do it. I know he wants to go further, not sex-wise but other stuff, and I really want to but I can't :frown:

Do you think I'll just get used to it as time goes on?
You obviously are experiencing some intimacy issues - this will go hopefully once you get to know him better.
This is quite common for girls I think, well in my experiance it is. Could be due to self-conciousness, revealling your body to someone is often a big thing because its all your privary. Dont worry about it too much, over time you will begin to feel more comfatable in such situations.
Why do you HAVE to have sex? Don't feel obliged to, just because you're in a relationship. 3 months isn't THAT long.
love.to.love.you.
Why do you HAVE to have sex? Don't feel obliged to, just because you're in a relationship. 3 months isn't THAT long.

She said "I know he wants to go further, not sex-wise but other stuff".
sil3nt_cha0s
She said "I know he wants to go further, not sex-wise but other stuff".

:facepalm:

I should probably read the OP better, right?
It will get easier the more you trust him. Take it slowly.

Do you get more nervous because you're in bed with him? (well, I presume that's where you are?) If so, maybe start off in your underwear, with a t-shirt on still to make you feel a little less nervous, and take things from there. Kiss, 'explore' each other with your hands. If you start to feel a little less body conscious, take something else off and carry on.

Get him to show you how much he loves your body, get him to kiss you all over etc etc. That's the sort of things that'd make me more relaxed in your situation.
Reply 7
seems like you need to get your head round to the fact that you might be pretty

put it this way, if your lad wasnt attaracted to you, which might having something to do with you being not-ugly, he would be trying to get you into bed

try having a wee drink before, might help,
Reply 8
Thanks for the replies... I guess I'm just a bit impatient, especially as it's worse at some times than at others. And to the above poster, I don't drink, so won't be trying that but thanks anyway :p:
Reply 9
Sakura-Chan
It will get easier the more you trust him. Take it slowly.

Do you get more nervous because you're in bed with him? (well, I presume that's where you are?) If so, maybe start off in your underwear, with a t-shirt on still to make you feel a little less nervous, and take things from there. Kiss, 'explore' each other with your hands. If you start to feel a little less body conscious, take something else off and carry on.

Get him to show you how much he loves your body, get him to kiss you all over etc etc. That's the sort of things that'd make me more relaxed in your situation.

It's not that I'm in bed with him... more that I feel really exposed without clothes on, I have nothing to hide under! It's always worse in the first few minutes but that seems like ages, I just want to hide away and it was so embarassing when i ended up crying because I hate being so shy!
The more time you spend together the better it will be :smile:. Don't worry about it, the worrying is problem whats causing the problem :p:.
Anonymous
It's not that I'm in bed with him... more that I feel really exposed without clothes on, I have nothing to hide under! It's always worse in the first few minutes but that seems like ages, I just want to hide away and it was so embarassing when i ended up crying because I hate being so shy!

Okay well, take out the thing I said about being in his bed and try the rest?

Latest

Trending

Trending