The Student Room Group

Why do you train?

Scroll to see replies

jakedd
so basically you're not black and therefore need sub 10% bf to dunk ?

I can dunk :yep:

I just need to drop from "bordering obesity" to "just overweight". That and power clean 100kgs.
Reply 301
TheLandOfNorwegia
I can dunk :yep:

I just need to drop from "bordering obesity" to "just overweight". That and power clean 100kgs.

how tall are you?
jakedd
how tall are you?

Just reaching six feet. My standing reach is quite high however, so that tends to help me out with the dunking, but holds me back with hypertrophy gains.
Strength training.
joey!
To stay healthy.

/thread

You do that in the kitchen :wink:
99% of it has been due to rehabbing injured knees

if i wanted to get fit i would probably play sport as going to the gym is pretty boring IMO
For the hell of it, really. Its fun.
Reply 307
Clubber Lang

if i wanted to get fit i would probably play sport as going to the gym is pretty boring IMO

true, but that's why you need a gym with tellies :biggrin:

ok most of it is daytime tv crap when I go but occasionally they put on channel 5 and I've caught the odd episode of House through that :smile:

(i HATE gyms when they only play music channels)
to keep healthy and i know there are a dozen other ways to keep fit. but i prefer this over the others :smile:
Reply 309
For that high feeling, building speed and endurance for sports and to stay looking sexy.
Reply 310
i'm addicted
Reply 311
To get totally blasted man.
All this talk of staying sexy

clearly i dont go to the same gym as any of you as there are no sexy people around!
Reply 313
TheLandOfNorwegia
Just reaching six feet. My standing reach is quite high however, so that tends to help me out with the dunking, but holds me back with hypertrophy gains.

damn you.

i'm 6'2 and are about an inch away from the rim :frown: but yeah i do weigh 18stone so im not exactly in shape.

Do you have freaakly long arms?
The long and short of it is that I enjoy it. Of course sometimes I don't want to be there and I have to drag myself along but that's necessary in order to be consistent. I'm motivated by increasing my lifts, but if I didn't actually enjoy the time I spent in the gym I wouldn't be doing it.
In 4 months I've gone down from 40.5" hips to 38". I'm burning the excess fat coz I want a kebab! :lol:
Of course, that's not the only/main reason I'm doing it :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 316
Because it

Seriously though, these days I just train for fun. Nothing like coming home from a long day and hitting the weights.
Reply 317
I just want to feel better about myself.
I mean, I guess I sort of like my thin frame (sort of), but I know the opposite sex doesn't so much, and I'd like to look better in clothes anyway
I love training. Love the feeling in the gym, on a pump after doing a dropset on your chest or something.

Started so I would look good though, still my main goal really.
Mainly to help with sports, more recently for joint stability, but also the sense of achievement (cheesy, but true)

Quick Reply

Latest