The Student Room Group

University clearing- september 2009

i am on ucas clearing at the moment as i declined some of my offers/was unsuccessful with the others. I am in clearing at the moment on ucas and i used to think i had to wait until results day to add a clearing choice however it says add a choice and its not results day yet. Also some pretty decent uni's are on the clearing list and iv heard good unis dont really go onto the clearing so how can this be that a lot of good unis are on there for e.g. kings college? and also iv heard that usually the requirements of courses in clearing go a little lower.

Ucas is allowing me to add a clearing choice now and there is a list of universities including good universities on the clearing list with courses. I dont understand this can i apply for a course now with clearing and get a response now and also as the courses are in 'clearing' have the requirements gone slightly down.
im left a lil confused if anyone could help i may be able to sleep better tonight :smile: ?

Scroll to see replies

You can apply now but a decision won't be made until the results are out.
Reply 2
a12
i am on ucas clearing at the moment as i declined some of my offers/was unsuccessful with the others. I am in clearing at the moment on ucas and i used to think i had to wait until results day to add a clearing choice however it says add a choice and its not results day yet. Also some pretty decent uni's are on the clearing list and iv heard good unis dont really go onto the clearing so how can this be that a lot of good unis are on there for e.g. kings college? and also iv heard that usually the requirements of courses in clearing go a little lower.

Ucas is allowing me to add a clearing choice now and there is a list of universities including good universities on the clearing list with courses. I dont understand this can i apply for a course now with clearing and get a response now and also as the courses are in 'clearing' have the requirements gone slightly down.
im left a lil confused if anyone could help i may be able to sleep better tonight :smile: ?

Can you link me to this please. I'd like to see it.

Also the website says you have to discuss with the uni first before apllying if doing it before results day.
*subscribes* due to Zerodos' post.
Reply 4
Do you have your results yet? Did you take A levels or the Scottish equivalent*?

*It's late and I'm not realy sure if they're called highers so I'll check in the morning.
Reply 5
Zerodos
Can you link me to this please. I'd like to see it.

Also the website says you have to discuss with the uni first before apllying if doing it before results day.

https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/clearing?action=addchoice&vh=1836919&bc=1248658733061

doubt it will take u there becauseu have to be logged into an account where u havnt got an offer
Reply 6
sleekchic
Do you have your results yet? Did you take A levels or the Scottish equivalent*?

*It's late and I'm not realy sure if they're called highers so I'll check in the morning.

no results- 20th aug. A levels
Reply 7
a12
https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/clearing?action=addchoice&vh=1836919&bc=1248658733061

doubt it will take u there becauseu have to be logged into an account where u havnt got an offer

Damn you were right. Oh well lol
I'm not at all sure about the mechanics of it or whether you can actually make a clearing choice now in some circumstances, but it is quite clear that this would be a bad idea if you can.

Since you can only make one clearing choice at a time it is much better to talk to universities on 20 August and make an application to the university that accepts you (over the telephone or after interview). Any other course of action could cause you to lose valuable time during the clearing process.
Are any english courses at birmingham there?
I would love you forever and rep you for life if you do the following things

Look if:
Uni of York for BA Management is there
Uni of Liverpool is there for BA International Business

If there are any decent Business/Management courses for any Leeds Uni/York uni.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be in clearing big time. THANKS.
Reply 11
a12

And I shall be your best friend if you can check to see if Northumbria University has places in clearing for Law :biggrin:
All the people asking whether certain universities have places in clearing are labouring under a misapprehension. The universities themselves don't know what will be in clearing, and won't do until they see the A level results just before results day.
Reply 13
Good bloke
All the people asking whether certain universities have places in clearing are labouring under a misapprehension. The universities themselves don't know what will be in clearing, and won't do until they see the A level results just before results day.

Ah well, worth a try. Thanks.
Reply 14
Could you tell me if UEA for psychology is on the list please?? Ill rep you :-)
Good bloke

but surely if some of their courses are not full, those spaces will be in clearing already yes?
German & Politics @ Nottingham please, I'll love you forever. :smile:
mattman1352
but surely if some of their courses are not full, those spaces will be in clearing already yes?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
business mamnagement(marketing) brunel please
Reply 19
Any combinations involving German and Chinese at Nottingham please! (repping!)

Latest

Trending

Trending