The Student Room Group

Going into clearing whilst at University

I’ve failed first year unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances, however the university is giving me the opportunity to repeat first year

I want to see if I have any other options so I was wondering, is it possible to apply to clearing whilst being at another university already?

I already have my A-Level results and qualifications from last year so I don’t need to wait for results day to apply at some universities

Technically I haven’t returned to that university until I accept the re-enrolment email that they’ll send me in early September to say that I’m coming to repeat the year.

If I wanted to apply for clearing now, would I have to ditch the university I’m with before I apply, or can I apply for clearing and in case I don’t get any other offers accept the re-enrolment of the university I failed first year as a backup.

Please let me know! Much appreciated.
Original post by hamam003.310
I’ve failed first year unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances, however the university is giving me the opportunity to repeat first year

I want to see if I have any other options so I was wondering, is it possible to apply to clearing whilst being at another university already?

I already have my A-Level results and qualifications from last year so I don’t need to wait for results day to apply at some universities

Technically I haven’t returned to that university until I accept the re-enrolment email that they’ll send me in early September to say that I’m coming to repeat the year.

If I wanted to apply for clearing now, would I have to ditch the university I’m with before I apply, or can I apply for clearing and in case I don’t get any other offers accept the re-enrolment of the university I failed first year as a backup.

Please let me know! Much appreciated.

Yes you can apply through clearing without it affecting your current university. If you are succesful, you can then formally withdraw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending