Turn on thread page Beta

    (Original post by Tombola)
    Hi. I'm curious if you could shed some light onto my situation in that case... It seems the worst case scenario may be happening.

    Student that finished his 1st year. Planning on doing some resits in September but will withdraw from university afterwards. Applied to a different university with a new UCAS code.

    I understand if I have to pay back the student loan, but what about all the other things like university bursaries and maintaince grants? Will these be required from me even if I go to another university?

    Is it possible to obtain a notification of transfer in that case despite having been accepted with my new ucas application as I am essentially the same person. Would I then be using my old number or new number?

    I also applied to my current university with ucas and got accepted. Now supposedly my tutor told me to get things sorted with the transfer as soon as I finished my exams, but which number would I be using?

    It does make me question what this was all about completing the academic year. Sorry for all the questions. Hope you would be able to help me out?

    In this case, I would say no. You have applied to the new university through UCAS, and not as a transfer student.

    However, there is no harm in asking each university if they can allow you to do so. Whether they can or not I don't know I'm afraid.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.