The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tombola
Hi. I'm curious if you could shed some light onto my situation in that case... It seems the worst case scenario may be happening.

Basically.
Student that finished his 1st year. Planning on doing some resits in September but will withdraw from university afterwards. Applied to a different university with a new UCAS code.

I understand if I have to pay back the student loan, but what about all the other things like university bursaries and maintaince grants? Will these be required from me even if I go to another university?

Is it possible to obtain a notification of transfer in that case despite having been accepted with my new ucas application as I am essentially the same person. Would I then be using my old number or new number?

I also applied to my current university with ucas and got accepted. Now supposedly my tutor told me to get things sorted with the transfer as soon as I finished my exams, but which number would I be using?

It does make me question what this was all about completing the academic year. Sorry for all the questions. Hope you would be able to help me out?

Hi,

In this case, I would say no. You have applied to the new university through UCAS, and not as a transfer student.

However, there is no harm in asking each university if they can allow you to do so. Whether they can or not I don't know I'm afraid.

Latest

Trending

Trending