The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A trip to france and belgium as well as money. Regardless of what I get. It really motivated me to study. :biggrin:
Umm... £25 per A*, £20 per A, £10 per B and £5 per C :smile:
Although it doesn't seem fair when my friend gets £50 for each A* he gets.....
Better than a kick in the shin! :biggrin:
Reply 162
£20 for A*
£15 for A
£10 for B
-£5 for C

My friend is actually getting stupid amounts of money for each grade. I'm happy with what i'm getting (above) and my mum is happy to give me the money for each one :biggrin:

we're all happy
Reply 163
I got £500 for 9B's 1 A 2 Cs and ECDL full course
When I did my double science GCSE I got AA and I taught myself for over a well year because the school failed to supply an actual teacher after ours went on "sick leave" for 6 months and then quit. The worst part is, I was punished by the classroom assistant who was playing science teacher for being ahead of the class and studying on my own, despite the fact that the acting head of science [ a music teacher] had set the same page and exercises on cracking hydrocarbons for 6 weeks. I even got called in to the head's office for being "insolent". They were more than happy to take the ******* credit for my grades though.

**** makes me rage even though it was 2/3 years ago now.

Where is my ******* prize?

edit: rage is directed towards the government giving prizes to students. not at the actual students.
a car! :] i got it already lol, even though gcse results aren't out yet.
Reply 166
The reward I get for my studying is obtaining the grade. The more work I put in the higher the grade.
Reply 167
I got some chocolates when I finished my exams but I've never got anything for getting good grades.

It'd probably bother me if all my friends did but I don't know anyone who gets anything for doing well.
Hexasol
£20 for A*
£15 for A
£10 for B
-£5 for C

My friend is actually getting stupid amounts of money for each grade. I'm happy with what i'm getting (above) and my mum is happy to give me the money for each one :biggrin:

we're all happy

That's a stupidly high amount of money. I'd be getting around £195 by that system (and I did 2 AS early, which perhaps I would get money for too (I dunno, it's your system lol).
I shudder to think what you'd get for A levels lol.

Your parents are being pretty nice :yep:

I got criticised for my GCSEs. I er according to your system should have got grades equivalent to er £200 for my 10 GCSEs (hence you can work out what I got which was £195, and what my parents wanted me to get, which was £200 worth).

They could have given me money for my GCSEs (they can certainly afford it lol), but all I got was a telling off, lol. Wouldn't have given money even if I got £200 worth of GCSEs. They might have said well done though.
Choirboy
The reward I get for my studying is obtaining the grade. The more work I put in the higher the grade.

Spoken like a True TSRian, lol.
Reply 170
My parents said I can choose a new phone if I get good results, but they haven't said what 'good' is :\
No, we have a family meal out whatever our grades are. I know my parents are proud, and I don't need (or deserve) a reward.
Reply 172
Inspirations have I none
That's a stupidly high amount of money. I'd be getting around £195 by that system (and I did 2 AS early, which perhaps I would get money for too (I dunno, it's your system lol).
I shudder to think what you'd get for A levels lol.

Your parents are being pretty nice :yep:

I got criticised for my GCSEs. I er according to your system should have got grades equivalent to er £200 for my 10 GCSEs (hence you can work out what I got which was £195, and what my parents wanted me to get, which was £200 worth).

They could have given me money for my GCSEs (they can certainly afford it lol), but all I got was a telling off, lol. Wouldn't have given money even if I got £200 worth of GCSEs. They might have said well done though.

Well i'm getting about £120, i'm not a brainac who gets A*s.

IMO it's not too much per grade. My friend is getting about £70 for each A she gets off her parents and grandparents (it's combined) and she's getting A*s o_o

There are other people on this thread getting PS3's and laptops, aren't they more than £120? xP

Cars are too.
Reply 173
I never received money in the sense my parents would be like "You can have £100 for an A*, £50 for an A..." etc. After my exams, I'd get a hug and a verbal "welldone" and I would be allowed to have my favourite dinner etc...and that has always been enough for me. I might have got a present if I asked for one, but I didn't ask for anything extravagant. I think getting great results is a reward in itself - and I think it just adds extra pressure onto kids who are told "if you get these grades, I'll give you x amount of money...".

I knew of one girl who was promised by her parents a trip to Disney with all her family if she got certain grades. She didn't get the grades, and the family didn't get to go to Disney. I can't imagine how much pressure she would have been under and I have never as a result asked for any rewards for my results. My results have been my reward.
Yes! I recieved money for my GCSE results and so will my brother :smile:
My mum bought me chocolates for my January results in As and A2 they are gave me a little bit of cash for my As results and have said if I get AAB which is what I need to get on my course they will give me £1500 if I get ABB but still get on my course they said after my exams they will give me £1500 still because of how hard I worked. If I get ABB or less and dont get on my firm its £1000 and if I stay at home they will give me £500 just for a bit of fun. So they are being generous which is great but it is for Uni to so. (If my typng is a bit bad it is because my keyboard has suddenly stopped working.)
Reply 176
When I got my GCSE results the family I was living with (had left home in the middle of the exams) got me a lovely cake and a card, and made a fuss of me. That was really nice of them. My mum just claimed that my results were all down to her (yes, throwing away my completed geography coursework really helped me get a B in it...).
Yep
They tend to give me a bit of money or a present :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending