The Student Room Group
probably not

it apparently takes 6-8 weeks but I have been waiting since the ending of May. :s:
Reply 2
OP you should really just apply now, is there any real reason why you are waiting until after your results?

Student Finance have a back log of about 2 months or more not including the initial 6-8 weeks. I applied in April, and I only just recieved my final notification letter so it took me almost four months to get approved. If you know you will be funding your studies with a loan, you really need to get it sorted now as there is no guarantee you will get it at the beginning of term. :s-smilie:
I applied in March and my status has only just been updated to 'approved' on the website. I don't even have the letter yet... I think I was just unlucky.
I also applied in March and my application is still being processed >.> But it differs from individual to individual.

To be on the safe side, you should probably apply for it now.
Reply 5
I applied in march - everything was done online, it took 4 months, there is huge backlog at the moment.
I got the form filled out in march or april or something, but theres a right cock up with the sponsor details. their still awaiting information even though Ive told em both twice.
Reply 7
jaison2
hi,
i just wanted to know about how long does student finance take to be granted?... i still hvnt applied.... i am planning to apply after i get my results... would take be enough time for me to get it done?

Student finance processes these things varies, not everyone gets their done fast as others and i suggest you apply now. If your worried you won't get the results, you can always send them a Change of circumstances form on regards to changing university, course or not going university at all.

My friend didn't apply his til after results day and he didn't get his loan in til early November. Just to shows how many people circumstances change after results day and you'll be on TOP on the big pile of paperwork.

Latest

Trending

Trending