The Student Room Group

am i a normal size?

please keep anon :smile:

ok, so i know weight threads have probably been done to death, but none of them talked talked about people my size so i want opinions

the thing is i think im completely normal, and happy with my body, maybe lose a couple of pounds but thats it. But my family always go on about how i need to put on wieght, and even my grandad who i havent seen for 2years commented on my weight as i was leaving theirs the other day. and its just made me think, how do people really see me.

when i was six and half stone i used to get alot of comments in the changing rooms about how stupidly skinny i was, but ive put a stone on now. and i am really short 5ft 2 and a bit so i think 7 and a half stone is perfect.

what do you guys think? the rest of my family are a lot larger so i kinda think theyre just trying to make me their size, especially my sis as she always makes snide comments about seeing my ribs, which you barely can, i think shes just jealous.
Yes, you're normal. I'm exactly the same.
Reply 2
Reply 3
depends if your a guy or gal i spose. as a girl id say put on a stone and a guy, put on 3
You didnt give out many details..anyway if you're female 5'2" and 7 stone something that's normal.
Reply 5
Your BMI is about 19, healthy is considered between 20 and 25.
You needn't worry too much, so long as your happy with your weight, other people often make snide comments because they're unhappy with themselves. It's their problem.
Reply 6
More importantly, are you happy and healthy? Do you eat a sensible diet and do you exercise?
Reply 7
yes i am happy :smile:. just annoys me other people saying stuff

and i am female, sorry forgot to put that.

and diet/exercise wise im pretty bad. eat so much rubbish and do little exercise, so i cant see how my family expect me to put on weight. my dad even seriously asked me if i was bulimic the other day :O

used to be a health freak tho, only ate salad and exercised like crazy.
I'm the same height as you and weigh about 6 stone 2lbs at the moment. I'd be happy being between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 stone. I think your weight is perfect for your height (if you're a girl). If your unhappy with your weight though and feel your too skinny then gain some weight. I wouldn't go above then 8 1/2 stones though as then you'll look a bit pudgy - at least I did at that weight.
You are on a healthy weight, just don't try to lose more weight.
Reply 10
nice ass shaking sig!!! *drools*
I'm around 5'1 or 5foot and 7 stone exactly. I would say I'm slim/skinny and you're probably around your size...maybe they're freaked out because the weight gene obviously skipped you. But I think your size is absolutely normal but don't lose any more weight because if you're anything like me, losing weight would just make you look unhealthy.
You're perfect. Maybe they're just concerned you'd get super skinny again.
A BMI of 19 sounds good. Put on a little if you want, but try not to lose more.
If you don't have a problem with your body and aren't deliberately denying yourself food or dieting to stay that shape then it is fine. I am about 6 and a half at 5ft 3 but the circumstances are different, and this is my heaviest for a long time.
I'm 5'2" and a stone heavier than yourself. I'd feel pretty skinny and not in a good way, if I lost a stone tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending