The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by sy091392
10th december latest. not too long of waiting left then eh.... i am so stressed from all the waiting and email address checking!! 3 out of my 4 unis have now started giving out interviews, and i havent heard ANYTHING :frown: :frown: people who have got interviews for HYMS, can you tell me your grades, ukcat etc for comparison please? thanks

nothing special-gcses 3A*S, 8 As.
AS Level BCCD!
ALevels ABC-predicted AAA
UKCAT 682.5
Don't worry-plenty of time to hear from them
Reply 141
Original post by conorcd
AS Level BCCD!
UKCAT 682.5

ahh thats great thank you. yeahh i keep telling mself not to worry but i rarely listen :P
any of you other guys with interviews willing to share info of grades etc?
Here goes!

GCSEs - 8A*, 2A
A-Levels: AABB
BSc in Biomedical Sciences - 1st
UKCAT: 710

And as conorcd said, don't worry about it, there is still plenty of time!! :smile:
Original post by katiej149
Here goes!

GCSEs - 8A*, 2A
A-Levels: AABB
BSc in Biomedical Sciences - 1st
UKCAT: 710

And as conorcd said, don't worry about it, there is still plenty of time!! :smile:

Yep.. 17 days to be exact :rolleyes:
Then again.. they only started giving out interviews 5 days ago :smile:
Reply 144
Hello fellow HYMS applicants :smile:
I was AMAZED to get an interview for 8th December on the 22nd :biggrin:
I was really surprised as my UKCAT is not good... only 640 and my grades are kinda mediocre (4A*,6A GCSE's and AABC AS levels)

It says on the website that grades, PS, and UKCAT make up the 600 people for interview, so do you think that if I do well on the interview (which I'm terrified of) then I can still get a place?

Thanks
Original post by gabx679
Hello fellow HYMS applicants :smile:
I was AMAZED to get an interview for 8th December on the 22nd :biggrin:
I was really surprised as my UKCAT is not good... only 640 and my grades are kinda mediocre (4A*,6A GCSE's and AABC AS levels)

It says on the website that grades, PS, and UKCAT make up the 600 people for interview, so do you think that if I do well on the interview (which I'm terrified of) then I can still get a place?

Thanks

Of course it's possible to get an offer.. they wouldn't bother interviewing you otherwise would they?
BTW I'm adding you to the stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry what are your other choices and have you gotten any replies from them? :h:
Reply 146
I've applied to Nottingham, Sheffield (bit of a risk as my UKCAT is way too low) and Durham (plus HYMS of course :smile: ) Not had any replies from those yet except the questionnaire for Nott's.

What I meant with my earlier post was it says they on the website that they interview the top 600 or so candidates based on PS etc, so if I do well on the interview will I have just as good a chance as those who have better academics?
Original post by gabx679
I've applied to Nottingham, Sheffield (bit of a risk as my UKCAT is way too low) and Durham (plus HYMS of course :smile: ) Not had any replies from those yet except the questionnaire for Nott's.

What I meant with my earlier post was it says they on the website that they interview the top 600 or so candidates based on PS etc, so if I do well on the interview will I have just as good a chance as those who have better academics?

Well obv the better you did on the UCAS part (out of 60) the easier it'll be to get an offer since you'll need less to reach whatever the cut-off out of 110 is.
But you could still score low on the UCAS stuff and get an offer if you have an amazing interview.. theoretically (:

All you have to do is do terribly at interview and say give PenguinSaysQuack an offer cos he's awesome and I wish I was his son :colone:
But anyway.. you know what you need to do :P
Reply 148
so they have had 1100 applications, for 600 interviews and 100 places, but does anybody know how many offers they make for the 100 places please?
Reply 149
Original post by conorcd
AS Level BCCD!
UKCAT 682.5

do you by any chance remeber what date you sent your application in on? so i can see how far down the pile they seem to be :smile:
so they have had 1100 applications, for 600 interviews and 100 places, but does anybody know how many offers they make for the 100 places please?

I found this link which appears to be quite useful:

http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/HYMS-Undergraduate.aspx

It gives you most of the stats in terms of offers and number of places etc etc.
Reply 151
Hi Everyone!

Is anyone else getting increasingly worried that they have not received an e-mail from hyms this week? lol

The website says that they are sending out the interview invites this week - and its friday tomorrow!

Also - is it just me that thinks that there doesn't seem to be many invites going out judging by NMM and TSR?

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by emzee_t

Original post by emzee_t
Hi Everyone!

Is anyone else getting increasingly worried that they have not received an e-mail from hyms this week? lol

The website says that they are sending out the interview invites this week - and its friday tomorrow!

Also - is it just me that thinks that there doesn't seem to be many invites going out judging by NMM and TSR?

Will be fineeeeeeeeeee. Probably. Saving best till last Ithink :wink:
Reply 153
Original post by Medpotter
Will be fineeeeeeeeeee. Probably. Saving best till last Ithink :wink:

haha I hope so! Hate the waiting game! I am checking my e-mails like a woman possessed!
Reply 154
Don't worry everyone in theHYMS wensite it says we all will know of a deciison by the 8th/10th of December :smile:
Original post by emzee_t
Hi Everyone!

Think the website could be ambiguous.. I'm reading it that they're processing the applications this week.. that they're sorting out who gets an interview, when and at what time.. and that they're going to send them out over the next two weeks (though why it takes so long if the applications have already been scored I have no idea :rolleyes:)
But yes.. I'm still a little worried too :colondollar:
Reply 156
do you by any chance remeber what date you sent your application in on? so i can see how far down the pile they seem to be :smile:

my referee spelt my name wrong. by the time he corrected it, my form went on Oct 15th. However I had already had my academics passed as I had to get permission to apply as a resitter.
Reply 157
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Think the website could be ambiguous.. I'm reading it that they're processing the applications this week.. that they're sorting out who gets an interview, when and at what time.. and that they're going to send them out over the next two weeks (though why it takes so long if the applications have already been scored I have no idea :rolleyes:)
But yes.. I'm still a little worried too :colondollar:

I hope you are right :smile: I agree the website is pretty ambiguous! Fingers crossed we all get a nice shiny invite e-mail next week :smile:
Original post by emzee_t
I hope you are right :smile: I agree the website is pretty ambiguous! Fingers crossed we all get a nice shiny invite e-mail next week :smile:

I hope so :yep:
If (or when :colone:) I get an interview invite I think I may actually act like this... :crazy:
I'll just hope it's not in public :colone: Long live blackberry telling me when I get an e-mail :colondollar:
The wait is actually killing me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending